JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) does anyone know the internal volume of the dash speaker pods? or an approximation?
2) any suggestions on making the pods more rigid? Fiberglass, dynamat type products, sprays, etc. - and how did that work?
3) are the stock pods/speakers 6.5 precisely? or do they run a little smaller or bigger?
4) for folks that have replaced the dash speakers and HU, did you rerun your own wiring or just tap into the harness?5
5) what amps have you all mounted under your front seats, glove box or under the dash? Would love to know what models fit and where:) Or if you have any other suggestions on amp mounting I'd love to know - for me in/under the back seat or trunk won't be possible.
6) OEM soundbars are sold for WAY less than they come from the dealer - anyone happy enough with front speakers to recommend skipping putting in a sound bar? I'm always disappointed by the sound from Jeep soundbars.
7) do stock JK's come with the dashboard mounted tweeters, or are they only included in the upgraded Alpine package?
8) anyone had any luck installing horns in the dash?

I've spent a bunch of time looking at threads on these subjects but didn't find answers, probably just missed them, so apologies if these seem like redundant questions that are asked all the time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1.) What year Jk do you have?
2.) The four component speakers are 6.5" Depending on which speakers you go with you may have to buy adapters. I would personally take it somewhere and them install all of the wiring and tune the amp.
3.) I have a JL Audio XD700/5v2 amp powering all of my speakers including two 8in JL W3's.
4.) It is definitely worth replacing the sound bar speakers. I would recommend getting some polyfil and some kind of sound dampening material like Hushmat and lining the inside of it as best you can.
5.) If you plan on keeping the stock head unit you may want to get something like the JL Fix-82 OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Time Correction and Digital EQ. This will help with the quality of the music.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts