JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Taking the whole thing out is a pain but if you only need access to the radio it’s easy. Remove the top part using a flat screwdriver from the back (it will pop off). Unscrew the two 6mm screws at the top and then pull the center stack towards you. There are some of those clips things holding it in place that will pop out while you’re yanking on it (be careful not to lose them if they fall off).

Removing the whole thing requires popping out the lower panel, removing the two screws at the bottom and unclipping the heater controls and other wring. I had to replace mine with I stupidly used a ¾” drill bit instead of a steeping drill bit while installing switches :shaking:

· Registered
514 Posts
anyone know where to get the clips when you lose them in the dash :(

dealer says they are only available with the center bezel... :(

· Registered
3,998 Posts

Thats correct you have to order the panel to get the clips. Although you might try calling a body shop and ask them who they order aftermarket clips and bolts from and try getting in contact with that supplier.

· Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Clips

You have 2 options. Hit a junk yard, or walk back and talk to one of the service techs. I find you can get a lot for a six pack...... :grinpimp:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.