JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone help me with instructions on taking the dash and middle console off? I got a new cd deck and wire harness and need directions on taking off the middle console.

A

·
0 Posts
Anyone help me with instructions on taking the dash and middle console off? I got a new cd deck and wire harness and need directions on taking off the middle console.

Your really don't need to take it out plus it's a real pain.

Carefully use a flat head screwdriver to pry the back of the top panel off (pull it forward) .

Unscrew the two screws holding the center stack on (7mm socket)

Gently pull the center stack forward, there are clips at the top and about mid way and you have to use slight force but not too much.

Funnily enough I pulled my radio out last night and have a pic that may help.

·
Registered
169 Posts
From my experience.

1. The top flat panel. From the rear corners (closest to the windshield) carefully pry up the back (it will pop loose)
2. From the bottom portion of the center console (flat piece by the gear shift below the hazard light switch) pry up the bottom portion of it.
3. Undo the top 2 screws by the radio AND the bottom 2 screws.
4. Now the tricky part. Carefully pull the center portion out, I worked from top to bottom, they have clips that snap into the dash. Don't force it, just gently pry out the center piece. It WILL come out.

Watch the wires etc for the switches at the bottom (where the hazards are located)

It should now be entirely OUT. Now you can undo the 2 other screws holding the head unit in and you can remove it.

Hope this helps.

Doug

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If you yank or twist it you'll mess up your heater temp cable so be gentle with that center piece..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. Ill post a pick of my completed project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts