JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
just wondering if anyone has any pointers on getting the front of a new cloth top to lift up and fold back. I have tried and all that I can get is the front to fold back but the second section will not move. After I try that then it is Hell in a hand basket to get the front clamped back down. Have a goodun!!!!:beer:

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
2dr or 4dr?

What part to lift up and fold back? Is this a new top, or the first time you have put on the top?

Watched the videos Jeep provides on their site?

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Once you fold the front back, there are 2 hooks (kind of) just forward of the rear doors that youy have to release (on a 4 dr anyway). First few times it's tight but then it will get easier as you do it more. Christ, that sounded like it could have been something written in the trailer park huh?:beer:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy,
this is a new top on a 2011 2 door wrangler. I have watched the videos and read the manual. For information, I should have just had a 6 pack and smiled. I still cant get it past the first fold back. Have a goodun!!!!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I can't help with that one. 2011 is pretty different than what I have, I believe.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I've got a 10 4 door... easy to fold up and a lot easier than the 07 I had... not sure with the 2dr.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Sounds to me like maybe you're not releasing the top at the door surround. ( those pieces of plastic that close the gap between the top and the door) On my '08, there is a tab on the surround that you push to get the support arm out. If you're sitting in your Jeep, look up and to your 9 o'clock. Hope this helps, but I think your top might have a cable in there somewhere.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Does your top have the Sunrider option? If so then there is a locking tab that needs to be un hooked. Now this info is my experience with my 08. But maybe this is still true for an 11. Open the door and at the top rear of the door, on the rollbar, you'll see a plastic latch that you compress to release the top so that it can fold back.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I have a 2010 with the sunrider top, you have to un latch the two clips up front by the window, then to get the first half of the top back only, you need to slide two black sleaves back. in doing this you can now have the sun rider top open. two get the hole top back undo the two clips up front by the window and then press the two tabs by your head this will let the top slide back a bit. O and you window need to be out to LOL.:beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts