JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
There was a big article about them in one of the mags a little while back. Very beefy axle. Would be pretty overkill on a JK thought unless you're running 49s or something. Not to mention the physical size and weight...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Kinda of topic but not really.

Spidertrax uses modifed F450 unit bearings for their front and rear spider 9 kits. these unit bearsing use drive flanges or locking hubs in the front and full float rears, with 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern.

if spider can keep the the orignal abs sensor in the unit bearing. you could have a full float rear axle with a 5 on 5.5 bold pattern and keep your ABS.

i have been doing some light research. but i have not contacted spidertrax about it yet.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I want to see someone RCV axle a Dynatrac or Currie 60 in the front. Now that would be strong. Pictures anyone?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ran across it while doing research on my YJ.. Looks interesting but I'll bet the weight is massive.. As for width, I'll bet you could get them cut down to size..

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Damn Ben what you plan on running on that YJ? Tractor tires? LOL

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
IIRC A Super 60 uses a 10 bolt pattern and requires big rims to clear the calipers, something like 19" or 20". A regular 60 or one of the built 60's will be a better choice for most.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
77 Posts
I broke a drivers side front axel shaft on my 07 F550. Super 60's are not all that super.:thefinger:

EDIT: now that I think about it, I broke 2 shafts on that truck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you would be suprised how much snow you can push with a f550 equiped with vee plow................ untill you break a axel.:bawling:
still finished the storms just fine in 2wd. made sure the sander was full though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Funny this topic just came up.....:) I will be putting 02 Super Duty front D60 and rear 10.50 Sterling in my JK in the next 2 weeks. Watch for the build thread....:) BTW, the super 60 ring and pinion WILL fit in a standard Dana 60..:) I SHOULD be able to also make the ABS/ESP also work...:) Yes, I like to think outside the box....:)

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Funny this topic just came up.....:) I will be putting 02 Super Duty front D60 and rear 10.50 Sterling in my JK in the next 2 weeks. Watch for the build thread....:) BTW, the super 60 ring and pinion WILL fit in a standard Dana 60..:) I SHOULD be able to also make the ABS/ESP also work...:) Yes, I like to think outside the box....:)

Joe
This is going to be a sick build. And I almost just bought these exact axles from a 1996 F250 SD for $1000 total. I know a reputable shop near me that does these sorts of swaps all the time. They are a small shop but the guy there is good shit and he knows his way around Jeeps. I am in the process right now of figuring out whether to go down this route or not. If I do, there's really no way back, is there? :bounce:

Way I see it is I could do this and have 2 beefy axles to run 39.5 iroks (which is the goal) or I could invest in a ProRock 44 (way more money IMO) and build up the rear X 44 axle I have and only go as large as 38s. Decisions, decisions....:shaking:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts