JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped my Dana 30 axel housing last night looking for a front Dana 44 axel. If you have one for sale pm with details.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
how in the world did you do that???

·
Registered
364 Posts
I can't tell by looking but would that be on an Unlimited on the pasenger side? If so, been there and done it. Didn't take much.

As for a Rubi 44, I think there are a few in the for sale section, but do some research. The Rubi 44 is not inherently stronger than the D30 (Same tube thickness, etc...) If you can't drop the coin on a new aftermarket axle at least do some research on sleeving and gusseting the D44.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how in the world did you do that???
Yeah it is an unlimited front right side. And it really does not take much. Not really sure how it happend was going up over something right side too a little dip and got stuck gave it some gas next thing snap.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't tell by looking but would that be on an Unlimited on the pasenger side? If so, been there and done it. Didn't take much.

As for a Rubi 44, I think there are a few in the for sale section, but do some research. The Rubi 44 is not inherently stronger than the D30 (Same tube thickness, etc...) If you can't drop the coin on a new aftermarket axle at least do some research on sleeving and gusseting the D44.
Will do thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Will do thanks for the advice.
I know there's a ton of aftermarket "bulletproof your axle kits" out there, prolly a good investment. I've replaced my front..........once so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts