JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like my jeep is having engine and\or transmission problems again... My engine light starts flashing and the jeep will suddenly feel like im towing r8rroks rig around i tried to see what code it was throwing but since my evap is broken all i see is gascap. i am having our mechanic check the codes for me then going to see whats up from there. I was talking to a coworkerr last night who i loaned it too and he mentioned it was low on oil so he threw some in it but he threw non synthetic when i run synthetic doubt thats it but who knows... who wants to do a wrenching party for a motor?:scary:

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
looks like my jeep is having engine and\or transmission problems again... My engine light starts flashing and the jeep will suddenly feel like im towing r8rroks rig around i tried to see what code it was throwing but since my evap is broken all i see is gascap. i am having our mechanic check the codes for me then going to see whats up from there. I was talking to a coworkerr last night who i loaned it too and he mentioned it was low on oil so he threw some in it but he threw non synthetic when i run synthetic doubt thats it but who knows... who wants to do a wrenching party for a motor?:scary:
Can you do the key on/off three times trick to pull the codes or has your odometer melted?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thought for sure i had tracked down the problem to a dirty fuel filter (fits the bill) chrysler one has filters in the tank! damnit!

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
How good is your insurance Spencer? Is it time to start over? :laughing:
X2....time to let the insurance company total that thing out...you know it quality's...and move on bro

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ha! Better hope the insurance company doesn't subpoena this thread.

You can buy a code reader for cheap from Harbor Freight on line.

Once you fix the evap, consider a battery disconnect overnight to re-set the computer. Then check any codes that come up the next day.

I've re-set several lights on my jeeps and just fix the items one at a time as they pop up.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mirror mirror on the wall...

I've heard so many good things about marinespence's Jeep...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
drove the jeep yesterday for first time in over a month. my mechanic couldnt figure out what it was until after fixing my evap canister he was able to get me one installed for 50 bucks (brother has a junkyard) so for the first time in over a year my engine light isnt on!:bounce::thefinger: he had me come over and drive it around after letting it warm up i romped on it and it wouldnt shift and there is a huge smell of exhaust he mentioned my cats where rattling around when he had it on the lift we think the cats are shifting and blocking the exhaust which then is causing the other problems. he also thinks he can get the dealer next door to cover it under warranty. :th_pray::suicide:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.