JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is accutally pertaining to my fiance's toyota tacoma but I figured you guys could help.

She is expieriencing squeeling when the truck is decelerating and her foot is NOT pressing the brakes. However as soon as she presses the brakes the squeeling stops. She said it mostly occurs when the vehicle is "cold" (first crank up of the day) however it does do it speradically at other times also. It usually occurs at speeds of 45 and less.

The mechanics believed it was her belts so she had all 3 belts changed and the noise is still there. She's had new rotors put on after the noise started. She said it began after a break change (not professionally done but not by me either:smokin: that's what she gets for trusting the :thefinger:ex:thefinger:)

I crawled under the truck because it sounded like U-joints to me...there is grease coming out of all 3. She said "some things got greased" but not sure on specifics.

Another mechanic felt that it's the pulleys that control the belts.

Any insite would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
She said it began after a break change (not professionally done but not by me either:smokin: that's what she gets for trusting the :thefinger:ex:thefinger:)

Wow, I totally missed this in your OP :shaking:. I'd definitely be looking at the brakes then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts