JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reference, here's a link to the thread that sets-up this story of woe.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75630

And again, I can't thank Adrenaline Offroad enough. They went above and beyond to get my rig fixed.

So, after a few months of trying to deal with Criswell Jeep I finally just gave up. The entire situation is infuriating. I went as high up the food chain as I could, and It was like dealing with cheap politicians. They wouldn't accept any blame for the damage, and they couldn't come up with any other cause. Those of you who know me know I travel a lot for work, so I didn't have time to stand on the bully pulpit outside their front door. I can't count the number of phone calls, texts, and emails that I made/sent ...but the number is just shy of the amount that were NOT returned from the dealership.

Anyone on JKO who read my almost Jeep-b-que thread from way back should recall that once the issue was discovered ...and it was my fault ...I didn't act the dick. I accepted responsibility and paid the repair price ...lesson learned. I don't think it's too much to ask the same from a dealership.

In addition to the above (as stated in the thread link) their standards for overall care and attention to detail are lower than whale shit. This said, I recommend that local folks avoid Criswell Jeep service in Gaithersburg at all costs.

From now on, for any recall or warranty work, I'll be more than happy to travel outside the area to a better dealership. The rest will be done by AOR and me.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Haven't been back to my shit dealership since my warranty ran out. Hopefully I don't need to have any warranty work done in the future, because I don't like having to deal with them.

Glad you got it straightened out.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't been back to my shit dealership since my warranty ran out. Hopefully I don't need to have any warranty work done in the future, because I don't like having to deal with them.

Yeah ...they all pretty much suck to differing degrees around here. I'll have to make the drive to Adams or out to West VA if necessary.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My wifes WK2 had a headlight socket that needed replaced (long story), so rather then go to DarCars in Rockville, I stopped by Criswell. The douche at the parts counter showed me the diagram of the headlight and that the socket wasn't sold separably. He then explained that he had a headlight in stock and we could check it and see if it was part of the entire headlight assembly. 10 minutes later he walks out with a WJ headlight. I just shook my head and left.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles with Criswell E, sounds like you've already got everything under control but if you ever need anything let me know, just trying to watch out for fellow Jeeper.

Your right down the road from me Will, you know I'll take care of you man especially on warranty work

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wifes WK2 had a headlight socket that needed replaced (long story), so rather then go to DarCars in Rockville, I stopped by Criswell. The douche at the parts counter showed me the diagram of the headlight and that the socket wasn't sold separably. He then explained that he had a headlight in stock and we could check it and see if it was part of the entire headlight assembly. 10 minutes later he walks out with a WJ headlight. I just shook my head and left.
Yep ...typical for them. I flat out told them that they've lost my business and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They really didn't care.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Criswell E, sounds like you've already got everything under control but if you ever need anything let me know, just trying to watch out for fellow Jeeper.
Many thanks brother!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts