1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
That sucks. Pics.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Wow. I thought those F-ers were indestructible. I guess not. They will replace it for free right?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Wow. I thought those F-ers were indestructible. I guess not. They will replace it for free right?
Off Road + Indestructible = Does Not Exist

There are things that are difficult to break, but someone out there can absolutely do it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Which run did you break it on? Myself and Greenfeet were there last weekend. There was a few spots where there was mud in places it isnt normally which caused a little bit of a headache now and then.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I broke an Alloy USA Ujoint at Rausch today and bent the shit out of the ears on my chromoly stub shaft. Guess today was just not a good day for axle shafts.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Brad I dont think there is an axle you cant break :lol:
Yeah he is the first person I have seen break an axle completely in HALF! Not just crack theo housing, but in HALF!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Off Road + Indestructible = Does Not Exist

There are things that are difficult to break, but someone out there can absolutely do it.
True dat. I havent broken enough shit to realize that yet I guess! :)

·
Registered
882 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Dang, this should be called the Busted Shit thread. At least you should get a new RCV at no cost from the mfgr - is that correct?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Wish I would have snapped an axle today!

Dont you mean, you wish you WOULDN'T have snapped an axle? Hahha. JK. WOw. Thats the second D30 snapped in half that I have ever seen. Kudos!
You seriously broke your D30 in half today? Thats crazy dude...

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Thought the same thing!!!

:eek::eek:DAMN!!:eek::eek:

Bad day for Jeep parts!!
You got a D60, I dont think you ever have to worry about breaking your tubes in half!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Supposed to be lifetime, no questions asked guarantee. The weird thing was that it broke as i was backing up into a level area so i could run air to someone else. Wasn't on an obstacle at all, wasn't even locked. Must have been damaged from before i guess. Broke my sway bar link again and took out another abs sensor. Then, acting like the idiot that i am, broke a rear chromo again. Think i might need a 14 bolt rear and d60 front.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Steve I gotta know, How the hell did you do that?

·
Registered
882 Posts
You got a D60, I dont think you ever have to worry about breaking your tubes in half!
Just means I gotta try a little harder....:cwm13:

But I am with Curbsjeep, gotta hear the story on Steve's axle.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts