JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked these up at Rural King here in Wentzville (MO). Has anyone ever used this type? I looked at the "normal" d-rings at other places (4x4 shops, online etc), and most were $!5.00 each and higher. These were $10.00 each.

I see one big pro, easy to get off! Just pull the pin. No unscrewing a bolt.

Need for this weekend thats why I went ahead on got them. They will be on a Smittybilt SRC bumper.

Thanks for any input!!

Michael

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Never seen that kind, but You'd be surprised how strong those things can be. We lift 1200 lb aircraft stabilizers up 30 feet in the air with 5/16" d-rings. Since youre not leaving the ground, PULL LIKE HELL TILL THEY BREAK.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have those got them at tractor
Supply, I got huge ones and use them as tie down points on my trailer
I've had them on the Jk buy they rattle

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
What is the rating on those? I prefer the screw type. Tractor supply has 6 1/2 ton rated screw shackles for $13 or so.

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the rating on those? I prefer the screw type. Tractor supply has 6 1/2 ton rated screw shackles for $13 or so.

Sent via paper airplane
Sadly, we don't have a tractor supply close.. the closest one is about 40 minutes. Rural King is 2 minutes from my house!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ive used those for years. Never had a problem with them. There should be a WLL cast into the side that will give you an idea of how strong they are. I too like the pin style, I have some screw type clevises that jammed up one year on the beach. Guess I got some sand in the threads and couldnt get them open, luckily I had these with me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I would rather have those than the screw in type. I guess if Tractor has them I'll order from there. I dont' remember seeing them on the web site though.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Are the strength ratings the same with pin versus screw? I have no idea, don't work with this stuff very much.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,382 Posts
As long as you're pulling straight it would be fine. Not If it were to get cross loaded though. The threaded pin adds lateral strength. I have some like that that I use with the backhoe.
Are the strength ratings the same with pin versus screw? I have no idea, don't work with this stuff very much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've used the exact same shackles in various rigs for 20 plus years. In fact the one in my rock crawler is an original - some 20 years ago when i worked for a hardware company. You will have no issues. Tip - i wrapped a light chain around the pin and attached it to the clip. Keeps all the parts in one piece, even if you drop it in the mud.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts