JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help is appreciated... Recent issue on my 2008 JK started up again after running for a while and it is missing and bogging down. Code said cylinder misfire so I replaced all spark plugs and spark plug wires and cleaned the throttle body which was not very dirty.
The issue persists runs fine cold but runs very rough when starting up after running in the store or otherwise not being driven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help is appreciated... Recent issue on my 2008 JK started up again after running for a while and it is missing and bogging down. Code said cylinder misfire so I replaced all spark plugs and spark plug wires and cleaned the throttle body which was not very dirty.
The issue persists runs fine cold but runs very rough when starting up after running in the store or otherwise not being driven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Thanks in advance
Edit... The vehicle has 246 thousand miles on

·
Registered
14 Posts
which codes specifically? I just went through this on my 2008 JK and ended up replacing the fuel injector on cyl. no. 2. General misfire, cyl misfire on 2, fuel injector on no. 2 codes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
which codes specifically? I just went through this on my 2008 JK and ended up replacing the fuel injector on cyl. no. 2. General misfire, cyl misfire on 2, fuel injector on no. 2 codes.
3 reason for misfire are fuel/air, spark and compression.

Spark
I had a jeep the coil pack would go out once a year. Ended up getting the lifetime one and just keep swamping it out with free replacement from the auto parts.

Inline spark testers to check for coil.
Test each plug outside the block.

Fuel/air
Injectors are harder to test, stethoscope for sound. Pull each one and test. access is the issue. Tricks with a fuel pump a bucket of gas, fuel line and a battery to test spray.

Compression
And then Compression testing...... Longer subject covered in many other forums post. This is where its costly to FIX. Leaks are on the cheaper side, but machine work is the higher price.

My guess on the mileage its the compression.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts