JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard there are issues mounting the ram with the currie 60s. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've heard there are issues mounting the ram with the currie 60s. Is this true?
no issues. see pics

ignore the bent up trackbar mount. it has been corrected.

you will want to beef up the trackbar mount though. it will bend like it did on mine. currie says to wield on one of the spaces. we heated this up and pried it back into place then gusseted it.

i bent it up while at SMORR and slid down black momba. i landed in ruts which pushed the axle to the dirvers side. so much that the entire front driver tire was in view. my steering was 180 degrees out. meaning to steer straight, the top of the steering wheel was at the bottom. :laughing:

also you ll see in the 2nd pic, i have chaff guard on the hydro lines. they will chaff if not protected. we didnt have a better way to route the lines and still have enough for flex.

using the currie drag link originally we had a little rub on the diff cover. we rotated the drag link so the mount bolt for the PSC ram would clear the diff cover at full turn.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Nick just asked this a couple days ago... mounted mine to the diff cover.

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
Liquor, you have a high steer drag link, right? What did you do with the track bar, raise the axle mount, lower the frame mount, or am i completely wrong about what i think im seeing?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
There are some issues specific to the RJ60 and other advise;

* Order the longer ram. The short ram made for the 44 will not go lock-to-lock with the RJ60.

* Beef up the trackbar mount significantly, I just did a simple gusset job at first (as Currie recommended) and I bent the shit out of it in Sledghammer. Rebuilt the entire mount and made it super strong.

* make longer tabs for the mounts on the trackbar. Most tabs are too short, and create an angle that causes the tie rod (especially bent-end tie rods) to roll while turning.

* tack the tabs on and mount the ram to test clearance before doing any welding. Flex it out good and make sure that the ram, hoses, and fittings clear everything. One member on this board dialed his steering, welded it all together, then while climbing a rock on the trail, destroyed a fitting on the frame rail. He ended up cutting and refitting everything.

* When ordering your pump, ask for the steel pump rather than the aluminum one. Many people have had problems with the aluminum ones (some bad machining was causing a valve to stick). I returned 2 aluminum ones before they sent me a steel one. I don't know if PSC has corrected this problem yet, but people were still having issues last year.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Any diff leak from mounting it this way on the RJ. Any pics also
Nope & I just used a cheap cardboard gasket with no other sealer/adhesive.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
What size ram did you upgrade to?
Also can u snap a pic of your trackbar bracket?

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
* When ordering your pump, ask for the steel pump rather than the aluminum one. Many people have had problems with the aluminum ones (some bad machining was causing a valve to stick). I returned 2 aluminum ones before they sent me a steel one. I don't know if PSC has corrected this problem yet, but people were still having issues last year.
What are the symptoms of a stuck valve?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts