JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted a hard bikini top kinda thing, got my hands on a extra hard top and started cutting, added a tonnaue cover.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Did you plastidip your Jeep? :laughing:

Have anymore pictures of the top?

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol ok i get it, horrible pic. ill get better ones tomorrow
and yes the jeep is plastidipped anthracite

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
wanted a hard bikini top kinda thing, got my hands on a extra hard top and started cutting, added a tonnaue cover.
If the rest of the hardtop looks as good up close as the 1.5" tall strip of the right side that we can see does from ten feet away, you're golden! :thefinger:

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Looks perfect from this angle, low light and so far away.:cwm13:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think it looks great! Maybe run some black foam pipe insulation on the edge to give it a bit of protection and hide the exposed parts.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah its still unfinished, its cut at a angle so one bolt hole is still there. i wish i had the jeep with me when i cut it though, i would have cut the top portion back more so it covered the rear seats but oh well, ill keep an eye out for another smashed hardtop

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
id be all over it but co is a bit far to go, unless your paying me to take it lol

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Hey, if we didn't bust balls around here then everybody would be here.

Looks good. Maybe some spray expanding foam then pipe insulation.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hey, if we didn't bust balls around here then everybody would be here.

Looks good. Maybe some spray expanding foam then pipe insulation.
That's a great idea. You do that, chisel out a small amount and then use auto body puddy. Finally shape and sand to make nice corners and put a little rattle can colour on top.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts