JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to try the Tera dual rate front sway bar but not sure I'd be able to get it to install correctly given how I cut the front crash bar. When installing my PS Brawler lite bumper, I took a bit too much off the ends of the crash bar mounting site. The sway bar uses the factory holes to mount up.

Think it is possible/recommended to weld on the front bracket instead?
Does the Currie or ORO Swayloc use the same mounting point?
Am I stuck w my disco's?

Thanks!

Install video for the Tera sway bar here:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like Oro Swayloc it is...though I was hyped on the Tera...

How's the swayloc compare to the Teraflex as far as street and off-road stiffness? I have to drive highway to wheel so I do care about road handling...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I haven't ran the Tera dual rate unit but I have the SwayLoc and love it street and off road. Street handling is as good or better than stock. My JK is 6400lbs empty on 40's and with the ORO front and .9" Currie rear it handles flat and loves twisty roads.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't ran the Tera dual rate unit but I have the SwayLoc and love it street and off road. Street handling is as good or better than stock. My JK is 6400lbs empty on 40's and with the ORO front and .9" Currie rear it handles flat and loves twisty roads.
Thank you! I think the Swayloc is going to be the right fit then.

Do you have the manual or air accuated system?
How's the Currie rear compare to the Full Traction rear sway bar? I will have a similar heavy JK on 37-40" tires.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Manual front and I haven't tried the rear SwayLoc as they didn't have it available at the time I built the JK. I'm totally happy with how everything works now and am not changing the sway bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts