JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was trying to find where to put a sub in my jku and finally found it. I chose to put it under the driver seat for a few reasons but mostly so no one could steal it.
My plan was to use fiberglass and MDF to built my enclosure. The bottom of the box is contoured to the floor lay out using fiberglass. Then with the wood i just started using cardboard for templets. Once you get started its easy. If anyone is close I have no problem help out or pm me and i can give you some pointers that might help. Hope you all enjoy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problems

For some reason I am unable to upload any pictures. Is the file size to big or is there something I'm doing wrong?

·
Probably Stuck on my Diff
1,276 Posts
This is the biggest cock tease of a thread ever man.. Just send me the box so I can take the pics and post some up.. :thankyou::thefinger:

Seriously though, I want to do this. At least post up dimensions or something.. What sub did you use?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What size sub

Yes I installed all myself. I was able to put a rockford fosgate p1 8 inch. Its not over powering bass by all means. It really helps out the overall sounds.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Time for change

I am thinking about finding a new spot for the subwoofer in my rig. If anyone is interested in the box that i made it if up for grabs. I don't know whats it worth but i am always open to trades:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha good one

haha ask my girl about that one. I am going to put the Under Seat Storage Box. Also I think that I need more air space in the box. It would work great with a shallow mount but not with the deep rockford I used.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just re-visited this post and noticed that you are interested in the subwoofer box. I am going to remove it from the jeep still interested?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For Sale

I am selling the subwoofer and box if anyone is interested in it. Its a Rockford Fosgate p1 8" sounds great and defiantly complements the stock stereo. Might be interested in selling the Rockford Fosgate 500 watt amp with it as well if the price is right. Not sure of the exact modle but its one of the mini ones that is no more then 7" by 7". PM if interested. 530 680 4547

·
Registered
14 Posts
Air space?

Yes I installed all myself. I was able to put a rockford fosgate p1 8 inch. Its not over powering bass by all means. It really helps out the overall sounds.
Can you calculate the interior volume of the enclosure? Or post the interior dimensions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
nice job, check on ebay and they sell a try that goes under the other seat so that you can put your amp under there. Also, if you want to add some more bass, check out the JL Audio Stealth box. i have one and it rocks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts