JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends are starting a fabrication company that hopes to have its warehouse secured coming up in October. The primary focus of this company is going to be Baja trucks as the co-owner has already built several Baja championship trucks, including some for Lucas Oil. They do everything from small parts to full blown custom designed suspension including control arms and coil overs. Of course we work on Jeeps also or I would not be posting here. Once they get the warehouse secured they plan to become supporting vendors.

Without further talk here is the build write up for our new Premium JK Rear Bumper!
*Beware I post to many pictures*

First we had to remove the factory stubby rear bumper

Then we have our bare rear bumper

We decided to use the factory tow hook mount as our mounting position. This means we had to duplicate the design on the passenger side

Came out pretty good if you ask me

Welded in the nuts

Example of the drilled holes (one more underneath)

Testing the assembly

Starting on the rear plate

Finally getting somewhere

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mounting positions

Dip for the spare tire

Corner protection is starting to form

Overview of bumper so far

Starting to fabricate the bottom flange

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In order to get the flange around the hitch and 4pin adapter we had to relocate it. I will snap a picture of this later. Not sure why I don't have one already...

Starting to weld some things up finally

Its finished! Well except for the bed liner / powder coating

Starting to get the bed liner on it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am actually not sure if they used MIG or TIG to be honest (I believe MIG though). I will pass this up the chain and find out for you guys. Thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We will include d ring mounts in our standard price point. I opted to not have them installed on mine at the time as I was not sure what kind I wanted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts