JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, I'm really interested in the 44, not hardcore enough for 60's and 70's so I think a beefed up 44 will do me right. Very nice to see another option being developed out there. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I must not understand the D44 upgrade market. Dynatrac makes a pretty nice replacement front end for the JK, then Teraflex starts making one, now Currie. Is there really that much demand for upgraded housings?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I must not understand the D44 upgrade market. Dynatrac makes a pretty nice replacement front end for the JK, then Teraflex starts making one, now Currie. Is there really that much demand for upgraded housings?

I don't know if there is enough market but the Dana30 does need an upgrade and there are a lot of X/sport/Sahara's out there. The ring and pinion gets weak when going to lower gear ratios and bigger tires. You are quite right about Dynatrac making a great product but competition generally opens up options and lower prices. They also address the tube and C weak points. If you have the 30 in the front building it with all the right pars can add up to close to the cost of a aftermarket d44 still without the larger ring gear. I'm in this category of wanting 37's but know that the potential for breakage goes up quickly when wheeling it. Gears,axle shafts, tubes, C gussets, lockers all make think me think I need to go bigger even on a budget. I have done the minimum with C's and locker.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Dana 30 and 44 Jk axels are basically same small tubes and outers only benefit is ring gear..That isn't the problem smiling axles are
I can't believe the price used Rubicon 44"s get....a "Real" 44 had 3+ inch tubes and beefy outers the After market is Responding with just that..

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.