JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2016 JKU hypergreen. Thinking about adding spacers to "widen the stance" a bit. It will be a bit before I can add new wheels, tires and lift. Has anyone used spacers on stock wheels and rims? This is purely cosmetic, curious how it changes the look. Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just about everyone has used them when putting oversized tires on stock wheels. Until you buy tires save your money.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
I ran Spidertrax spacers with my stock Rubicon wheels - rock solid, zero drama, made in USA. Would recommend without question.

I put the spacers on when I did my lift, and then had to wait a bit to buy my 35s. Spacers widen the track, add stability, and don't cost much.

I say "go for it". Just make sure you get good ones and install 'em (or have installed) properly. Don't fuck around with safety.

EDIT: for reference, 2-door with 2.5" lift and stock rims with spacers - stock 32s, then 35s

·
Registered
430 Posts
No problem with running spacers. Just get good ones like what was said above and make sure to follow installation instructions to the T and remember to take the stupid stock retaining clips off of the wheel studs, if not, you will loose a wheel while driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem with running spacers. Just get good ones like what was said above and make sure to follow installation instructions to the T and remember to take the stupid stock retaining clips off of the wheel studs, if not, you will loose a wheel while driving.

Thanks for the insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
just so OP has the proper regurgitation of data (that's - I'll remind obnoxiously- pretty easily searched for and found on this very forum )on the subject , should we mention that even the good ones(spacers) can still & will cause additional load strains upon ball joints that are already mediocre from factory or would that open a can of worms we don't need to summon forth again ? Yep. We've all run 'em but the farther out you go the more leverage strain is placed upon the joints on the C's ... like every modification, it has trade-offs to consider, even if negligable. :jeep2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
They change the look dramatically, just installed wheel spacers and a 1" puck to the front springs. leveled her out just right until I decide what complete setup I want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts