JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Yes dodge fell asleep at the wheel on this one...

Although there a v6 cummins already devolped for the ram 1500

Jason

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Will see what I can find out about it (well more than the article). We deal with cummings on some stuff.

You should see the new Ford 6.7 diesel V8. Now that thing is AWESOME. I swear it could fit in the JK, its very compact.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
It is really compact. I will check it out next week. We have it on a dyno.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I want a cummins to, oh please oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce:

Rally though, I would love to have the old cummins Inline 4. If my memory is correct its the BT4.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Friday as the Vendors Meet & Greet was setting up I heard the motor and was expecting to turn around and see a TJ or older Jeep and was pleasantly surprised to see this beauty.

This and "Cain" were my favorites from the whole event. I never did get a chance to talk to anyone from Jeepyard, but I know from Pirate that a lot of these 4BTs are being nabbed from former box trucks like UPS, Fritos, etc.

A few other notable things was the custom instrument panel and the completely LineX exterior. Normally I'm not a fan of it, but the silver/off-white color really toned down the textured finish and the end result was very impressive.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Want diesel now

Was at Jeep Beach and that thing was awesome. But a 6.7 diesel V-8 would be so heavy, the first time you touched the brake you'd do a stoppie.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
You can get PLENTY of power out of the 4BT. I've driven an EB with a finely-tuned one, and that heavy old pig was amazingly fast and nimble!
There are a lot of TJ's and truggies running around with them.
Awesome motor! Just awesome to see one in a JK!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Was at Jeep Beach and that thing was awesome. But a 6.7 diesel V-8 would be so heavy, the first time you touched the brake you'd do a stoppie.
Hmm so that's what stingers are really for...

Sent via smoke signal

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not to hijack the Thread but.........

Just called the shop (Jeff's Jeep Yard) and told them you guys liked their
4BT...I think someone will get on and post some info for you guys.....also the guys at Jeffs Jeep Yard love to talk about their shit, so give them a call.

Jeff did my gears and locker and I couldn't be happier:beer:

JJ

1 - 20 of 31 Posts