JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the VIN's for the next round of 2012's I ordered, one in Crush and one in Dozer. My Jeep rep says off-handedly "Oh, and it looks like these will be the last Jeeps built in those colors." Wha?! Word to him was that Crush and Dozer will no longer be available, but Sahara Tan, Cosmos Blue, and Mango Tango will be continuing. ?? Was there a paint plant fire or something?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Eh, it's just the Limited Color Game.
They've did it with Detonator Yellow too.

They just limit the number of that particular color to xxx and once that number is reached they stop selling it. Most the time it comes back next year though. Or they'll go and screw it up like they did with the yellow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would be very happy to see the sahara tan and mango tango return. I have been watching the stock of a few local dealerships online and the number of dozer jeeps available has dropped to near zero.

Paul

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cosmos Blue has already been stopped. Are you trying to say they're bringing it back? I kinda like mine being limited since I already have it, lol.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
A few months back I tried to order a Crush Jeep and the sales manager told me it wasn't available to order and he had never heard of the color. A month later they have several Crush's on the lot. Probably because I told them about them. They wouldn't deal with me on my trade so I didn't buy one. Point being, don't trust what the guys at dealerships tell you because most of the time they are ignorant and/or full of shit anyways.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Love my greystone pearlcoat '07. Don't see many around these days.
They discontinued that one too. I have it as well. I think I've seen one other jk with it. It looks so close to the silver very few people notice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can anyone verify this? I'm trying to sell my jeep now.. specifically to buy a crush.... Don't want to sell if I can't get it.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
The info he gave you is incorrect. We received an email saying 166 Dozer units had defective paint some were sold not many. This was caught pretty fast as we have 5 at the rail yard that Chrysler is shipping back to the factory to be likely crushed. We have several in our order system still there and not deleted. There are no issues with crush at all we have several coming in and the color is still available.

2012 Colors not Available:

Gecko Green Late Feb
Winter Chill Late March on ALL Wranglers

Discontinued 2012 Colors

Sahara Tan
Cosmos Blue
Natural Green

Mango tango was discontinued in 2011

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That definitely sounds like more accurate information. As far as the dozers with defective paint...hopefully they don't get crushed. Jeep should donate them to charities..is D.A.R.E still around? Or sell them very discounted to people that want to build a trail rig with no warranty or something. Crushing them seems like a waste of money.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
That definitely sounds like more accurate information. As far as the dozers with defective paint...hopefully they don't get crushed. Jeep should donate them to charities..is D.A.R.E still around? Or sell them very discounted to people that want to build a trail rig with no warranty or something. Crushing them seems like a waste of money.
Unfortunately vehicles that are not sold with major defects get destroyed to avoid having them in circulation. The ones that are sold will likely get notified since its such a small number I doubt an actual recall will happen.

Jason

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
So, it was 166 before anyone looked up and said, "Hey, what's with the paint?"
Wow.
:eek:
Don't know how it was detected, anything we got seemed just fine so not sure what the actual defect is? Only Chrysler knows what the actual paint defect is.
Besides do you know how many they produce a day? 166 is a drop in the bucket

Jason

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's a liability issue. I've hauled several oads of cars to the crusher and sit there and verify they go in. It's tough to watch a ZR1 Corvette get crushed. :(

·
Registered
868 Posts
So what colors are available to order other than Red, White silver and Black....? Seems kind of limited.

Ron

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't know how it was detected, anything we got seemed just fine so not sure what the actual defect is? Only Chrysler knows what the actual paint defect is.
Besides do you know how many they produce a day? 166 is a drop in the bucket

Jason
My dozer is supposed ("expected") to be shipped tomorrow. It'll be fun to see if it was caught up in that mess :th_pray:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts