JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here used the after market cruise control? Obviously my jeep didn't come with cruise and I saw the kit to add it and I was curious if anybody here has done it, how much beer was drunk as a result of the install, and any other thoughts or ideas about it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I ordered mine through the dealer. I believe that I was told that, even though I had ordered it at the dealer, it was not a mopar part. Regardless, it works just fine. The install was fairly simple. I had some problems moving the stearing wheel to get to the catches.
Hear is my $.02. Use an offset screwdriver to release the catches on the stearing wheel. Use the bent shape lika a lever. Do'nt worry about turning the wheel. Just do it. Pay close atention as to where the wires go back when re-asembling. I think that mine get in the way of the horn sometimes.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My only advice is make sure - check, re-check, check a third time - that the horn wiring harness plug is disconnected before you pull the steering wheel. If you pull the wheel with this still connected you'll be back into your wallet for another $250-ish for a clock spring.

The Mopar instructions do not do a great job of illustrating this.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely feel free to post pics along with a write up. That would be great, Im nowhere near what one would call an electrician.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Definitely feel free to post pics along with a write up. That would be great, Im nowhere near what one would call an electrician.
Sorry man no pics. But you do not have to be an electrician to do this mod. What few conections you will encounter will be plug-and-play. You do not even have to be moderatly handy with tools. Pretty easy mod and well worth the money. :smokin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts