JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to replace the factory front speakers with a pair of MB Quart separates. I have the MB crossover, I am curious as to where it would connect? Does the factory tweeter have separate wire directly to the stereo, or are they wired directly from the factory woofer? Is there/where is the factory crossover for the tweeter?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I am about to replace the factory front speakers with a pair of MB Quart separates. I have the MB crossover, I am curious as to where it would connect? Does the factory tweeter have separate wire directly to the stereo, or are they wired directly from the factory woofer? Is there/where is the factory crossover for the tweeter?
When you pull the factory speaker out, you will see the tweeter is connected to the front speaker.

·
Registered
803 Posts
When you pull the factory speaker out, you will see the tweeter is connected to the front speaker.
Older thread but relevant for my question I think.
Is that for non Infinity systems?
Tweeters on my Infinity system are connected to two separate channels of the amp it seems. Now does the Infinity Amp supply the full frequency range on all channels or does it limit the supplied frequency range for the tweeter and woofer channels internally?

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Infinity amp not only supplies power but it crosses the signals as well. If you have the Infinity amp there is no reason to hook up an external, after market crossover; just replace the tweeter.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thank you very much MaloCS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts