JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set from Mike about 4 weeks ago, got them yesterday and put them on today. I’d rate them 9 or of 10 and I’m very happy with them. Alan (CO Hummer) who helped me put them on will most lightly order a set and he liked them too.

Install was fairly easy and two people help. As always it would take half the time if I did it again.

First remove the stock fenders.

Looks mean with no fenders.

Installing the front fenders is easy you just bolt them to existing holes. We cut the OEM plastic and I decided to mask up the fenders and rattle can them a flatter black and also hit everything that was green underneath them.

We had to cut a little off the back of the rear fenders to clear my Rock Hard bumper.

Installing the rears is a little more work than the front because you need to drill all the bolt holes.

We also had to cut the front of the rear fenders a little because I’d cut the stock pinch seam for clearance when I lifted the Jeep.

Pics from the front. I really like how narrow these are :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pis from the side. I rattle canned the green body that was behind the plastic in the rear.

I’ll try to get some daytime shots tomorrow, it was dark when we finished.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
They look great Alec- That green and black look perfect together...especially with the AEV rims. The side mkr lights and narrow width also make them look great. Oh...and I love the garage too. Come to think of it....now I hate you. :thefinger:

:beer:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Looks like Santa came early Alec! Congrats. You and Alan do good work. I'd love to have a set like that but the peoples republic of Mass would rip me a new one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Looks like a great job on those fenders!!!:beer:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Looks great. Now I feel like building a harness bar for my WJ if I had the tools. Plus my garage is 75 degrees warmer than it is outside.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very Nice Alec. What are your thoughts if you put the JK into a big rock with these fenders, will the body behind the fenders cave it or is there enough body structure to support a good hit?

BTW: Didn't see you at the M&G last week at Hooters. I was hoping to check out your rig. You going on the Slaughterhouse run on the 26th?

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What M&G and where is the SHG thread?

BTW, I can’t make SHG on the 26th because the in-laws will be over. Don’t get me wrong, I’d much rather be wheeling but not sure the wife would be too happy about that ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.