JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chrome grille overlay for 07 - 08 JK is finally out! It's about $250 - $300. I already ordered mine :shaking: . I already took the rocker side pannels off and put chrome tubular side-steps on there form mopar, I can only imagine what it's gonna look like on there also. Now I have a black 07 Rubicon Unlimited, and boy let me tell you, never get a black car! Finger prints and all the little stuff you cant see on silver or red cars, shows up. But the upside to black is, chrome looks killer on there, and so does mud :laughing:

Now those of you who don't like chrome on their trucks, they also came out with mesh inserts too. So either way it looks great!

Url for Chrome Grill Overlay :

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13131_101.htm

Url for Mesh Inserts:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13132_1000.htm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they would also work :)

And one question for ya michaelkern, why are the ones i posted so much more expensive than the ones you got? They both use the same amount of metal, hell, the ones i posted are really pricey, i'd make my own out of chicken fence wire :shaking:

·
Banned
46 Posts
dont waste money on aesthetic stuff, make it useful, do some lights or something functional, not a shiny front end that looks dreadful.;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yep
Chrome don't get you home!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
That chrome grill isn't going to get you any more chicks. I can think of much better ways to spend 250 on a JK.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Hey dude,

I got some chrome stuff on my jeep... i was thinking of the chrome grill overlay, but i am waiting.. Need to get the lift first

I currently have the grill inserts on my grill (also have the chrome fuel door and tailligth gaurds)

And this is to my chrome haters:thefinger::D

·
Registered
76 Posts
This thread should be shot and buried......:rainbow2:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Boy, i've never seen so much hate against chrome on a jeep. A lot of people automatically think if you add chrome its a hummer wannabe or get the smarta$$ remark of "Chrome won't get ya home"

My God... It's like everybody wants to be the same and have the 'blacked out" or aka "murdered out" look.

I'm not saying everything should be chromed out, but come on wtf?

Here's how i look at it... I am out in the mud playing around and somebody gets stuck and they are a "anti-chrome fan". I guess i will just have to smile and say :thefinger: you are not getting pulled out by me
;)

just kidding... of course i'll pull you out, but be ready to here me tell you how my chrome didn't get stuck...:laughing:

·
Registered
541 Posts
terrible...just terrible...

on a sidenote I have one of the Metalcrafters black mesh grilles sitting here in my office. Very well constructed. They are welded onto a CNC punched and pressbrake formed frame. The mesh is dimpled so it sticks into the slots on the grille itself.

It is a really nicely done piece, but I'm not so sure all that is necessary for a mesh insert.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had to chime in on this one...I'm a chick and that chrome thing is NOT a chick magnet (it's a repellant). And coming from someone who is :rainbow2:, that thing is super :rainbow: (an not in a fabulous way)! Save you $$ and buy something more useful or attractive.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Boy, i've never seen so much hate against chrome on a jeep. A lot of people automatically think if you add chrome its a hummer wannabe or get the smarta$$ remark of "Chrome won't get ya home"

My God... It's like everybody wants to be the same and have the 'blacked out" or aka "murdered out" look.

I'm not saying everything should be chromed out, but come on wtf?

Here's how i look at it... I am out in the mud playing around and somebody gets stuck and they are a "anti-chrome fan". I guess i will just have to smile and say :thefinger: you are not getting pulled out by me
;)

just kidding... of course i'll pull you out, but be ready to here me tell you how my chrome didn't get stuck...:laughing:
I agree I get a lot of compliments on my jeep, it has a chrome grill and it can go anywhere any of yours can go, :thefinger: it just depends on what look your going for.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Actually the chrome grill looks pretty good on your silver Jeep! I'll admit, I like it on yours, but I think it would look :rainbow: on mine. :smokin:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts