JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hooked up with a great group of guys in Vegas, warmachines702.com if you are local, and they have been dragging my mostly stock sport through some outrageous rock. Great spotting has helped a lot but I think my best help has come from the TracLock. Say what you will about LSD on the trail but I've beaten a stock FJ badly and an open YJ with 33's and a 4" lift mostly because of dead wheels. My mini van tires have gotten me over pretty much anything I don't lay my skids down on. The two times I've been winched off my belly was down hard.

I've got 35's in the mail and a 3" Rancho Trail in the garage but it has been great fun crawling stock. The guys love the challenge and no one talks about how their 37's walked up when I do it on my 31's.

I don't have pics of me getting up yet but I followed these guys up.

uploadfromtaptalk1337541006328.jpg

Yes, I made this on on SRA's
uploadfromtaptalk1337541068473.jpg

My belly was laying where his rear tire sits. Once I got winched over that I drove it the rest of the way.
uploadfromtaptalk1337541141327.jpg

THE open YJ was on the hook long before me
uploadfromtaptalk1337541420368.jpg

The group, mine is the vertically challenged one
uploadfromtaptalk1337541353203.jpg

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Pretty sure that's Copper Cache in Nelson, is it? Looks like fun, I miss Vegas wheelin'.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
That looks like an awesome spot. I need to get out west. Im sick of all this damn mud here in the east!

And I totally agree with you on the capabilities of a stock non-rubi JK. It is surprising to see what it can do at times. Not that the LSD in the rear is anything to rave about, but it does not get enough credit for what it is IMO.

That why I cannot friggin wait to add a front locker. LSD rear locked front I feel would be one hell of a great combo to have

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure that's Copper Cache in Nelson, is it? Looks like fun, I miss Vegas wheelin'.
Could be, we started near Nelson and this was on the other end near Eldorado. Don't know the area personally but what a great trail.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Nice! I think I still hold the local record for the smallest rig to make this waterfall. It's an optional right before the exit up the dirt hill (after you drive near the wall). 2.5" budget boost on stock 32s! Went up it several times.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice! I think I still hold the local record for the smallest rig to make this waterfall. It's an optional right before the exit up the dirt hill (after you drive near the wall). 2.5" budget boost on stock 32s! Went up it several times.

I think most of us took the bypass on that if it's the one I'm thinking of. Pretty wide with a waterfall on the right and longer climb bypass on the left? I think the only two door that did it was pretty built. Nicely done!

From your pics it looks like once my rears got to the base I would have been flat on my belly again. I need to grease that skid. :D

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is amazing what a stock Jeep can do if you take your time and watch where you are going. You might have to pick some creative lines but as long as you have a good spotter

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It is amazing what a stock Jeep can do if you take your time and watch where you are going. You might have to pick some creative lines but as long as you have a good spotter
agreed. i bought my 08 used and of course it came with some crappy take offs, not the regular rubicon tires. my first trip offroad wasnt anything spectacular, but i was amazed and what the thing would do.

anyways, thanks for sharing the pics dustycherry. :)

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
Thanks for the great pics! I love to hear how stockers do, very well! :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I really enjoyed wheeling with my 2 door stock when I had it. I think everyone should wheel stock for a while before getting big lifts and tires. It gives you a chance to learn skills and read lines. Once you get 3-4 inches of lift and 37's it forces you to find bigger obstacles to be challenged technically.

Awesome pics and nice wheeling!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Cool theread. Its not mentioned enough about how good a stock rig is on the trail. I did some pretty good wheeling in my open dif TJ that was pretty much stock.

Nice shots!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Great pics! I was also amazed the first time I took my stock JK out on some obstacles. Nothing as crazy as the stuff you posted but for where I'm at they are pretty good. My thread is around here somewhere if you want more stock wheeling action haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts