JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a very slippery and muddy Sunday last week.

We were driving down a little hill, gaining little bit too much speed. After some point the Jeep started to slide to the right. At this point I lost all steering control and just tried to slow down the vehicle.

Unfortunately it was not enough to prevent the Jeep from going over the bank . And to make it even worse, a huge hole to our right appeared, where we were exactly sliding to. As soon we started to drop into the hole, I turned hard right and accelerated to prevent from rolling.

Well learned from the mistake, fortunately not the hardest way, almost rolled :/

We had our Action Cam running, here is the video.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Minor damage, glad you're okay! Your girlfriend should be embarassed of you screaming like that when you went over... :thefinger:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Minor damage, glad you're okay! Your girlfriend should be embarassed of you screaming like that when you went over... :thefinger:
Haha it was pretty scary from inside :faint:

No texting. I was in 4wd. I shouldn't have put background music on. You can hear when it starts to slide. It was pretty long slide way. I guess a video from outside would show it much better.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I always look fwd to seeing y'alls ( that would be you-guys-es) videos, kam.

I thought it was gonna be way worse than it was. I think that I would have been a little nervous of putting it on it's side... the way that you slid off. Glad y'all are okay.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I watched all 4 mins...I was so hoping to see an airbag blow when it started sliding :D

Minor stuff. The mirror kinda sucks but it happens. Could have been worse if she did decide to pitch more to the passenger side. Look at it this way, the hardtop was fine, that would have been the expensive thing.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I watched all 4 mins...I was so hoping to see an airbag blow when it started sliding :D

Minor stuff. The mirror kinda sucks but it happens. Could have been worse if she did decide to pitch more to the drivers side. Look at it this way, the hardtop was fine, that would have been the expensive thing.
FIF the Down-Under crowd. ;)

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Forgot to ask, what in the hell were those wire coming out of the mirror stalk? Power mirrors?

·
Registered
979 Posts
FIF the Down-Under crowd. ;)
hahaha oh yeah, I forgot about that. Friggen backwards bastards. Next they'll say that they have a diesel option.

And Yeah, it's for the power mirrors. That's actually both power and heat.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
What kind of mamby pamby shit is that? I didn't even know you could get power mirrors with heat. Dafuq? LoL

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Power/Heated mirrors are factory on 2011+ JKs as far I know. Isn't it in US?

Had to order mirror from US, because its so crazy expensive here in Australia, around 300 bucks

I always look fwd to seeing y'alls ( that would be you-guys-es) videos, kam.
Thanks so much, its like music in my ears :)

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Power/Heated mirrors are factory on 2011+ JKs as far I know. Isn't it in US?

Had to order mirror from US, because its so crazy expensive here in Australia, around 300 bucks
Not sure, Brother, I would have laughed at the sales guy if he tried to get me into an option package that had them. Then again, I live in Phoenix so heated mirrors are a very low use item here. Power mirror? Yeah, I swivel my head powerfully to see behind me! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure, Brother, I would have laughed at the sales guy if he tried to get me into an option package that had them. Then again, I live in Phoenix so heated mirrors are a very low use item here. Power mirror? Yeah, I swivel my head powerfully to see behind me! :D
Wasn't a option for me. I don't care if it would be manual ^^

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Just more proof that our domestic market sucks. You should have just ordered a manual replacement U.S. passenger side mirror and capped off those wires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just more proof that our domestic market sucks. You should have just ordered a manual replacement U.S. passenger side mirror and capped off those wires.
I was about to order manual, but the price difference was too small :eek:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Crappy! Well, glad you're getting it all sorted out! We need more videos! :beer:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yeah, mine are power. It's an option on 2011+. They are also heated. They come on when I hit the defrost...so it defrosts the rear window and the side mirrors. Useful for me, course, I'm in Canada. And you're right, the price difference between the heated/power mirrors and the manual mirrors isn't enough to warrant giving up the options.

And I like my yuppie Jeep. Fa-qya's :thefinger:

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
that music was a little dramatic !

Glad the damage was minimal, I expected a little worse when "recovery" flashed on the screen, but then you just drove out ?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Heated mirrors would be nice for backing into a spot that has deep snow. Shit kicks up from the rear tires right into the mirrors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts