JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep has 6000 miles on it, five trips on trails, 3 intermediate 2 mild, and I find that my T-case is cracked! I have an 07 Rubicon and been fighting with the dealer since. I took off the skids yesterday to see the issue, and discover the case is cracked. Brought it to Jeep today, who state that would warrenty it, so far that is, you never know. Just an FYI. Too bad I cant get them to give me the cash for it and throw an Atlas 4 speed in there!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Isn't that usually how we figure out what mod goes on next? Drive it until it breaks and then replace with better! :D

At least they're honoring the warranty!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm glad they're doing the right thing and honoring the warranty. Do you have pictures of the damage? It would be good to have some type of documentation in case this becomes more than an isolated incident.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
in case this becomes more than an isolated incident.
this makes at least 2 that I know off, I'm sure Alec will chime in...

·
Registered
173 Posts
After seeing Alec go through a cracked t-case, now this. I hope we're not witnessing a trend. :bawling:

Sorry to hear about it!

One word for ya - Atlas! :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try and get some photos. I limped the thing to the dealer, where it will stay for a week, the T-case is not due until Thursday. As for the cause, no, I really cant find anything. The t-case has been used very little.

Bert, I think the problem was there prior to Miller. You know that trail, it is not too difficult and we had no challenge. It may have been enough to increase the issue. Who knows, as for the warrenty, I will beleive it when they actually repalce it The stealership changed owenrs, new service advisors/managers, and there are NOT at all MOD friendly--very different than before. The "tech was frustrated because he wanted "time" to remove my poly skids! They would not be removing them if it was not their issue. I hate those freaking places.

I will try and make a trip next week and get some photos.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I can weld it if they will not warranty it. I have a 231 you can throw in in the mean time if you need, let me know.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It appears they are going to warranty it. Like I said though, I will believe it once it is complete. Last I heard, the new case was on order and set to be hear on Thursday.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ran an 03 Rubicon case for years, over some pretty good trails with no issues.

A

·
0 Posts
this makes at least 2 that I know off, I'm sure Alec will chime in...
Nothing much to add.

Mine looks to have imploded and the JE REEL DS double cardon failed at the same time. It’s not clear what broke first. Jeep covered the t-case (because it was a small dealer in the middle of nowhere I think). I bought a new DS and covered the tow charge because trying to prove blame for the $1000 or so it cost me for a 200 mile flatbed and new the DS was going to be a futile experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts