JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made dinner for my girlfriend last night. Grilled 8oz Black Angus Upper Prime Fillet Mignon, asparagus marinated in oil and balsamic vinegar and then grilled, roasted small Yukon Gold potatoes, Rogue Creamery blue cheese on the side, and all washed down with a bottle of 2005 Chateau Phelan Segur:

Okay, now that I'm done bragging... :thankyou: After we finished my girlfriend says "Whatever kind of beef that was, we should get it all the time." No shit, ya think? :shaking: $25.99/pound!

·
Banned
15,534 Posts
Did something sorta similar last night. bacon wrapped filet and a bacon wrapped lobster tail. bottle of 2007 rioja we both like and some steamed veggies. Then my 2 year old said her tummy hurt and puked all over the table.

Ah, the joys of parenting.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yum! (well except for the asparagus).

We went to a nice Italian place last night. She's making steak for me tonight though. Dan, we had her daughter with us. No sweet tea available, so she said water was just fine and then went into a ten minute conversation with the waitress about how water was probably better and it doesn't make her cough because she's been sick and... and... and...

Kids. :D

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Yum! (well except for the asparagus).
Yeah....I used to feel the same way....untill I grilled it once. Put some butter, garlic, and a little olive oil on foil, wrap the asparagus in it, and then throw it on the grill for a couple minutes. Perfect with steak. If my wife weren't going to a jewelry party tonight, I'd grill some steaks, asparagus, and corn for dinner. But for just my 2 year old and me, that's too much trouble. He'd rather have a hot dog anyway. So...I forsee McCrack's on the menu for tonight. :puke:

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
It's not steak, or even beef, but if you like grilled chicken, try this recipe. It's even healthy!

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Lemon (used for juice only)
2 Cloves Fresh Garlic (chopped or pressed)
2 TSP Fresh Rosemary
1/4 TSP Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper to taste

Combine oil, lemon juice, & spices, then brush over chicken. Grill it up and then add a sprig of rosemary for decoration.

Serve with your favorite veggies, rice pilaf, etc. A nice white wine goes well, too.

·
Registered
683 Posts
steak asparagus and sweet potato was tuesday night!

Ham steak last night with home made mac and cheese. My niece raised the pig for us.

Sad to say that my wife kicks my ass when it comes to cooking steak! Grill,oven,campfire, doesn't matter that girl has it figured out!

I really,really love the food channel!:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.