JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit. Added short video from Pismo.
(I thought I couldn't do jkation, things change)a couple days in disney turned into 6 days including the old coast highway at big sur, Pismo beach and on the way back up the El Paso mountain wilderness for two days.
heres a couple pics and a bit of video in no particular order to start untill i edit down a bit more.

Last day - last chance canyon uphill

https://vimeo.com/67035773

Pismo Beach

Old Coast Road

Last Chance Canyon

ill be emptying sand for months.

https://vimeo.com/69055201

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oh, the carpets came out within a week I powerwashed the inside which has gotten 90% I think the remaining 10 is with me to stay. Are you getting ready to bedline? I'm planning that someday.

How did you get that nasty sound deadening stuff off?

sent from my difference engine using tapatalk

· Registered
1,734 Posts
I used a 5 in 1 painters scraper and a hammer. Jason and myself got 95% out in less than an hour.
I am going to use the Lizard skin that Mark has in his Jeep.

When I pulled the plastic trim off and the center console there was a ton of sand trapped in there.

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, I just take loads of them and sift out the junk. It's be a very different story if we still used film. Lots of thumbs and lens caps.:D
Wish I hadn't left the wide angle lens at home though.

· Premium Member
928 Posts
a couple days in disney turned into 6 days including the old coast highway at big sur, Pismo beach and on the way back up the El Paso mountain wilderness for two days.
heres a couple pics and a bit of video in no particular order to start untill i edit down a bit more.

Last day - last chance canyon uphill

https://vimeo.com/67035773

ill be emptying sand for months.
Curious, where did you get that cargo net? I'm using Safari Straps but the side nets are a bit loose.

· Registered
137 Posts
pismo beach

hello next time you pop into pismo give ol starman a shout. good trip

· Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I thought about posting to see if anyone was heading to either pismo or mojave but figured with the demands of a three year old (constant random stops) I'd better not. Maybe next time as I believe he is getting older.

The straps are by dirty dog 4x4. They are a Canadian company in Ontario so I got it when I used to live there. They have a few stockists in the states but I won't list them as I don't think they are sponsors. If you check their website they have a where to buy link. Available in a few other colours as well. Red is fading a bit though. Pretty much each strap is tightened individually so can go as tight as you like.
Btw I also have a safari strap universal one as a tie down inside. I do like that it uses metal buckles(dirty dog are plastic buckles but still solid) and they were great to deal with. I paid for fast shipping and they refunded as I'm in state and would get it quick anyway.

This is an old pic before new rubber but with the sides from the fastback top off. I usually run this way in summer. Let's you see one of the choices for sides. I went with the spiderweb (the dog nose poking out isn't standard)

· Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
14,592 Posts
I thought about posting to see if anyone was heading to either pismo or mojave but figured with the demands of a three year old (constant random stops) I'd better not. Maybe next time as I believe he is getting older.

The straps are by dirty dog 4x4. They are a Canadian company in Ontario so I got it when I used to live there. They have a few stockists in the states but I won't list them as I don't think they are sponsors. If you check their website they have a where to buy link. Available in a few other colours as well. Red is fading a bit though. Pretty much each strap is tightened individually so can go as tight as you like.
Btw I also have a safari strap universal one as a tie down inside. I do like that it uses metal buckles(dirty dog are plastic buckles but still solid) and they were great to deal with. I paid for fast shipping and they refunded as I'm in state and would get it quick anyway.

This is an old pic before new rubber but with the sides from the fastback top off. I usually run this way in summer. Let's you see one of the choices for sides. I went with the spiderweb (the dog nose poking out isn't standard)

I think you can list them. As long as they don't come on here hawking their business its all good.

· Premium Member
928 Posts
Fair enough then.

They are ok4wd, the jeep hut, and extreme terrain.

Thanks - good info! Yeah, don't get me wrong - I do love the Safari Straps - they are solid as heck - with the metal cam straps like you said.. My only gripe is that the side windows are a "fixed" size. That is, it's a one-piece "net" shaped like the opening, that attaches to various spots on the roll-bar, etc. You can tighten them a bit but I have mine tightened all the way and they still sag a bit. I think I could fix it by "thickening" the roll bar (wrapping something around it, then putting the net strap around that). I should note - it's only an issue on the side/window nets, not the top/back net.

Anyway, that's why I was curious. I think I'll try to see what I can do to tighten them up (again) and if that fails (again), I may try another brand. I like that yours can be individually tightened. There's another company - COP 4X4 that makes one called the "Cargo Nack" but at $795 for the whole kit, I have to pass on that one for now..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.