JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I had ruined several (4) sidewalls on a different brand tire in less than 1 year and finally switched to Nitto Trail Grapplers. I have run them harder than I ever ran the others without a failure. Coincidence, luck... whatever, I have confidence in my tires again. They definitely have a stiffer sidewall so you have to air down a little further to get the same ride and a little noisier on the highway but not bad.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,100 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have the cooper stt's and I love them. I don't wheel them very often, but as far as regular driving they are awesome. I have 20k on mine and you can barely tell they have been driven on. Also, they are the quitest and smoothest riding tire, with as aggressive a tread pattern as they have, that I have ever had. My friends always comment on how quiet and smooth they ride.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have ran Cooper STTs for years on all the jeeps i have owned. I love them, last a long time and like stated before I am impressed with how quiet they are on the road. Never had trouble with a single set.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I ran Cooper S/T and STT on almost all of my trucks. They balance well and are very quiet on the road. They are also very capable on the trails and in snow/mud/etc.

the only thing is...they chunk pretty bad on rocks. If you're going to do a lot of rock crawling, the STTs may not be for you.

Otherwise, I'd recommend the Coopers any day of the week.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have 15k miles on my coopers (rotate them every 3500 miles) and have 85+% tread left. Love em. They stick in the rocks, scoop the mud, and travel nicely. They chunk a bit, but no worse than a whole lot of other tires. Nature of the game.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts