JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running these tires? hows the treadlife? how do they do in rocks? mud? how do they balance?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I ran these on my old rig in the 33" flavor. Love the tire. Enough noise to e happy about a mud terrain, but pretty quiet albeit the tread pattern too. Did awesome in all I put them through which was trails, mud, and rocks. Balanced very well. Almost no weight. Wheels make a big difference for that tho.

If I would have found them when I was looking for 35s id still be running them. But I didn't and found a smoking deal on 37s and am now down that route.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kind of milage can i expect out of them? i normally rotate every 5k with oil changes. could i get 45-50k?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Some Tucson guys are running them right now. I just ordered them yesterday.

PM JKennedy, 11jeeperdrummer, I know that they are running them.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I put the Stt's on the jeep a few months again. Since I put them on 3 other people I wheel with have purchased them as well. I was really suprised how quiet the ride was and how smooth it is as well. I also have very little weight on my tires for balancing. I am really impressed in how well they wheel. After I bought them we went wheeling in Las Cruces for three days and they were amazing. I recommend them to anyone. :koolaid:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
I think I will probably be going this route after looking at so many tire prices and size options I want to bleed... Not sure which size yet, I have a few more months to decide.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I loved this tire. When I wear my new shoes out I'll be going with them again. And as for mileage, I've known guys who claim in the 30k plus. Probably a lot of hwy miles. But still, I'd recommend them for anyone.

·
22,098 Posts
I think I will probably be going this route after looking at so many tire prices and size options I want to bleed... Not sure which size yet, I have a few more months to decide.
37's, 37's, 37's. :gluging:

·
Probably Stuck on my Diff
1,276 Posts
I'm a big fan of mine.. Quiet on the street but aggressive looking.. They changed the 35 12.50 17 to a E load as opposed to a D, and I believe it was to reduce the chucking they were prone to. I dont have many trail hours with the tires but what I do have did not chuck or tear up the tires.. we will see how long that lasts, but as of now I recommend these tires 100%. I have used the Kevlar MT/Rs and I like these just as much if not more..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a set on my ZJ when I had it, and really liked them. Balanced well, did well in mud and sand. As far as wear, I sold it with about 15k on them and they were wearing fine. Just be sure to rotate, obviously. Being mostly a DD, I was figuring on getting about 40k out of them.

·
22,098 Posts
Man, I just put them on yesterday. 1st test drive today only about 8 miles round trip. 1st impression was holy shit am I actually running on rubber? I was previously running 35's, KM2's with about 26,000 on them. They were so loud. I just didn't know any better I guess. I was running about 45 to 45 with the coopers today and I swear I could not hear them turning. I could hear the damm rock I picked up in the back passenger side tire though.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Man, I just put them on yesterday. 1st test drive today only about 8 miles round trip. 1st impression was holy shit am I actually running on rubber? I was previously running 35's, KM2's with about 26,000 on them. They were so loud. I just didn't know any better I guess. I was running about 45 to 45 with the coopers today and I swear I could not hear them turning. I could hear the damm rock I picked up in the back passenger side tire though.
Got about 6000 miles on mine and you described them perfect. I was running the factory km1s and they sounded like a beehive.

Sent from my iPad on the toilet

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had them back when I ran 35's. They were ok, good treadwear.

They run small. My 35's were actually 33.6"

·
22,098 Posts
Just measured last night 37's came in at just 36. Guess I am not regearing to 5.13 after all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts