JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone, I know this topic has been covered some, but I'd like some more info or opinions. I changed out the water pump on my 07 and decided to change the coolant while I was into it. Went to the dealership to get the HOAT coolant as listed in the owners manual. I told them want I wanted and why. The parts woman showed me the OAT on the label, and said that's what I needed. Mechanic sitting nearby confirmed. It was like the HOAT was not important. So I get home and it's purple not pink. It's 10 yr. 150,000 mi vs 5yr. 100,000 mi. Should I use it or get he HOAT. Your thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
They can't be mixed. If your engine has been thoroughly flushed, the OAT will be OK.

Personally, I would stay with the HOAT it came with. It's still available.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sort of my thinking, that's why I wanted to check with some folks on here. I didn't do a total flush just what came out when I removed the water pump, and then I poured about a gallon of distilled water through the radiator. Raised the left side to get more out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
O'reilly stores out here in Denver have HOAT coolant. I don't know what name they go by in your area. I would think NAPA would sell it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Zerex G-05 coolant is HOAT.
Yep! That's what I used. Very pale yellow. Color will change back to stock as it mixes with what is left in the block / heater core.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I was able to get Zerex G-105 at NAPA, it is HOAT. The color did throw me but Jeep was listed on the jug.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G-05. Not confuse anyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts