JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently started to get a slight smell of coolant. At first it was only when I was wheeling. I would have a little spill out of the reservoir. Never payed to much attention. Now that I haven't wheeled for a while I smell it again. So the search began. I found a small leak at the pump easy 20 minute fix.

Still have the smell. I pressurized the system and could not find anything. I drove the Jeep about 150+-miles and started looking again. I found what I was looking for. GD intake manifold gasket. Looks Like I will be taking the intake off this weekend or next. Depending on if I get the gasket set in or not.

I will post pics of the problem area and the teardown and rebuild if anyone is interested. Looks to be pretty straight forward and easy.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Intake has coolant going through it?...I never looked for it, but most newer/plastic intakes I've dealt with don't deal with the cooling system.

Curious to see where it's leaking from the intake.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
I you're smelling it in the jeep you might want to check the carpet under the glove box. possible heater core leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts