JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Cool Tech tow light system?? Was the install easy or ???? The delux kit includes a batt disconnect switch. Do you lose all the radio stations each time you tow?
Thx

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have one but I cant get the lights right , Im sure it's some thing Ive done wrong at the connection point to the coach.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have their setup to flat tow my rig. Works excellent, no issues at all. You just pop out the drivers rear tail light and it just piggyback plugs right in. Too easy.

I just pull the ignition fuse when I tow for distance so I'm not sure on radio station settings...;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This kit is great. It took me longer to run the wires in the frame than to make the connections. I highly recommend this kit to all.

I am still not sure about disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I also pull the fuse...

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I did not check reviews like I should have. I purchased the factory harness. I installed it on a Saturday afternoon. It did not work. I rechecked the plugs all good. I than checked the internet. I could not find a positive review on it. So I was leaving to go camping and needed to get this handled by Sunday afternoon. I started researching the internet. Everyone that mentioned the Cool tech kit loved it. I emailed them Saturday late afternoon early evening giving them my sad story:bawling:. I received an email back that night. I asked if it would be at all possible to pick it up Sunday. They emailed me directions and the address to their home. Top Notch people. I bought the deluxe kit with the battery disconnect, the Tailgate Gas Strut Kit and the Gate Mount Antenna Bracket. I have installed all and love them. You do not loose your radio stations with the battery disconnect but it does loose the time. I do not understand but that is how it has worked the last 5-6 times I towed it. I would highly recommend this product and company:D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts