JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool Tech TailGate Strut for the JK
It went on very easy and has all stainless steel parts with very good directions too. And best of all it keeps the Tail Gate from hitting you when open!

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
i saw this on a jeep (gunnersjk) the other day... I think i know what i am getting for my next mod:D

Mr. Sig ... looks like you had yours for awhile. How is it holding up?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I need to get one. Im sick and tired of that gate not staying open when I need it to :pissed:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i saw this on a jeep (gunnersjk) the other day... I think i know what i am getting for my next mod:D

Mr. Sig ... looks like you had yours for awhile. How is it holding up?
It is holding up great! I am very happy with it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I ordered the following from McMaster-Carr.

1 EA. 4138T583 Gas Spring with Ball-Joint End Fitting 30 lb Force, 20.12" Extended Length, 8.27" Stroke (Same as 4138T58) $19.97

1 EA. 9512K92 Ball Mounting Hardware Steel, 90 Deg Angle Long Neck Ball Bracket $1.20

1 EA. 9512K93 Ball Mounting Hardware Steel, 90 Deg Angle Long Stem Ball Bracket $2.19

I also bought the nut plate riveter kit from Harbor Freight to do the install.

I saw all these pieces on another forum and just followed their advice for the tail gate mod.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Ordered One

Already the door is a PITA to hold open and load stuff in and out.
So I ordered the RJR strut. Made sure to tell them I saw it here and thank them for their sponsership.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I know this is a hijack and I don’t have any information on how to do it but I saw a jk with the tire carrier removed from the tail gate and they had converted it to open like the CJ’s. It folded down so it was a true tailgate. Has anyone else seen this or know where to buy the kit?:bounce:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering if the top was down would it cause rubbing and wearing problem. I have a 2dr and it seems like the top would take a beating against the bracket. Has anyone that has it seen any evidence of that? I would sure like to get one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
HoodLift TailGate Strut

I was wondering if the top was down would it cause rubbing and wearing problem. I have a 2dr and it seems like the top would take a beating against the bracket. Has anyone that has it seen any evidence of that? I would sure like to get one.
Nope, the top won't hit the brackets when you mount it per the instrucions. Also, we've recently increased strength in a few places, developed a trick, slow-opening damper and, as with all HoodLift products, give a lifetime warranty for everything. Jason from RJR/Warrior gets these out to you very quickly too.

Happy trails!!

Jim

·
Registered
627 Posts
I also did the mcmaster ordering way, shipped to the door in 2 days, for 23 bucks. another couple for the screws, and a small metal bracket and in about 25 minutes it was installed. works awesome and also took the rattle out of my tailgate. I"ll post picts tomorrow.

·
Registered
627 Posts
what part of the "hood lift" gate strut did you like better than the other ones avaialble?

·
Registered
665 Posts
what part of the "hood lift" gate strut did you like better than the other ones avaialble?
Lifetime Warranty, Angled strut mount setup for better oiling/strut life (even with a Lifetime Warranty I still want it to last), and super Trick valving that opens quickly but then slows the last 1/4 of the way to stop gently.

Plus you couldn't ask for a cooler guy than Jim to be making and supporting these kits. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree.

I have the Hood Lift brand tailgate strut and hood lift kit. Awesome products!
He has been making these kits for YEARS! Long before it was copied by other companys.
Thats why Hood Lift got My money.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts