JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone running the cooltech switch mount? I am looking for reviews of the product with a manual trans. I have stick shift and that is whats keeping me from getting the daystar panel. Do you run into the same issues with the cooltech? Also if anyone has it could you maybe post up the dimensions of the brackets I would like to try and fab something similar I am having a hard time justifying 55 bucks for just the panel almost 90 for the panel with switches.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
from this pic it looks like it would have the same problem as the daystar with interfering with the shifter boot but I cant speak from experience

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does apeare that I would have the same problem, however I have not heard any negative reviews. I am wondering if the toggle switches hold up better to the shifter boot then the rocker switches. Another option I have been thinkin about is using this panel with smaller toggle switches, I dont like the look of the rocker switches I see them enough in the ambulance I work in everyday. they would all be run on a relay system so the power capacity of the switch isnt really an issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have an auto and the cooltech switch plate. The plate and the switches are high quality, panel fits very well. I believe the reason he uses the lever style toggle switches is to prevent the boot on the manual from hitting the switches. You could send him an email to confirm, but I am pretty sure they don't hit. I have bought a couple things from Cooltech and have been happy with them.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have an auto and the cooltech switch plate. The plate and the switches are high quality, panel fits very well. I believe the reason he uses the lever style toggle switches is to prevent the boot on the manual from hitting the switches. You could send him an email to confirm, but I am pretty sure they don't hit. I have bought a couple things from Cooltech and have been happy with them.
How much room is behind that panel? I wanted to mount a CB in that spot, if there is enough room.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
How much room is behind that panel? I wanted to mount a CB in that spot, if there is enough room.
theres no room back there, thats why all of the switch panels have to bump out and then they interfere with the manual shifter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts