JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just got the bear gryls ultimate survival knife (second version). Not exactly a gadget but do far its a great knife

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Not really sure what all you have on your Jeep but theres always things like rock lights, tuffy security drawer (under drivers seat), synthetic winch line, high lift jack and other trail tools, rotopax, Staun tire deflators. most of that stuff is around $100 or less so relatively cheaper than most other jeep parts lol. :beer:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Some low-ish cost gift ideas:

digital tire pressure gauge

SOG Machete (20-30 bucks) or other fixed blade or folding knife

Fire starter kit

Fire extinguisher (for use after fire starter kit when things get out of hand)

Gear wrenches (love these things)

Pretty much any hand tool you don't already own

Can of Bedliner

..I got a Fenix TK-40 tactical flashlight a few months back for under 100 bucks and it is very awesome for a AA powered light. Granted it takes 8 AA's but puts out 630 lumens and has multiple features and it's waterproof. Love it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Speaking of flash lights, check out 5.11 Tactical's flashlights. They have two sizes. They're capacitor powered which is huge for several reasons. 1) they charge to full charge in 90 seconds 2) capacitors don't have a life or a memory like batteries so theoretically they could last say 50 years. The lights are LED and put out around 200-250 lumens on the brightest setting. They have different modes depending on which one you order. And while they're a little pricy at around like $170 or so you never have to buy batteries because of the capacitor and you pretty much will never have to buy a bulb because of the LED. Pretty awesome IMO.

http://m.511tactical.com/All-Products/Flashlights/Light-For-Life-Flashlight-PC3300.html

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Speaking of flash lights, check out 5.11 Tactical's flashlights. They have two sizes. They're capacitor powered which is huge for several reasons. 1) they charge to full charge in 90 seconds 2) capacitors don't have a life or a memory like batteries so theoretically they could last say 50 years. The lights are LED and put out around 200-250 lumens on the brightest setting. They have different modes depending on which one you order. And while they're a little pricy at around like $170 or so you never have to buy batteries because of the capacitor and you pretty much will never have to buy a bulb because of the LED. Pretty awesome IMO.

http://m.511tactical.com/All-Products/Flashlights/Light-For-Life-Flashlight-PC3300.html
Do a little searching on that light. I'd steer clear. When they work, they are awesome, but far too often they are having issues. The idea is way cool, but I think there is a reason you aren't seeing more items with capacitors yet.

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
I don't know if you'd call it a gadget but I just ordered the Advance Adapters improved transfer case shift cable. It costs $185 but you can easily waste that much in a day if you are not prepared! Those crappy plastic grommets on the stock linkage are a joke. I'm really surprised they use this. Do the 2012 Jeeps have the same lousy setup? Here's the info:

http://www.advanceadapters.com/products/pn-715596/

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
What are some of the coolest things you want or have gotten around this time of year?
I'm happy with the Daystar dash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.