JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I did some searching, but can't seem to find the answer. My wife has a bone stock two door JK Sport....no power windows/locks or anything. She's very happy with it as is, but I am considering converting to power locks. Nothing fancy with lock buttons inside, just a remote that would unlock the two doors and the rear door. Has anyone done that, and could you share your experience? What brand did you end up buying, and how hard was it to install?

THanks!

Peter

·
Registered
33 Posts
Install sucks. There is a very detaield write up for a 4 door on here. I ha dan alram installed and the locks installed on the front. Then I just pigtailed to the rear and tailgate. The alram install company wanted to charge me like $175-200 a door for the backs. bought the power lock from Mopar for like $50 I think. Taking the door panel and window out was the worse part. The tailgate is real easy. I would talk to an alarm shop, the front doors were easy so you could probably get it done and save your sanity. It took a few hours and sliced two fingers open doing mine.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
i did mine... wasn't to bad .. just took alote of time to take everything apart.. the actuators where cheap... 30-40 bucks on ebay for 8 of them... its just alittle tight trying to fit them in the door.. but it can be done. their are a few write ups on how to do it . good luck:beer:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your replies.....I knew there must be write-ups somewhere on here....but no matter which search terms I come up with, I can't get them to show up! :eek: Who can help??
Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
haven't read the write-up, but I used to install these. The install shouldn't be too bad, just make sure that the actuator travel is exactly parallel to the lock travel and that the actuator can move it's full cycle... otherwise, they will burn up pretty quick.

You should be able to pick them up pretty inexpensive. I think we used to sell them retail for like 16 or 18 a piece. Not sure these days, but we used DEI (Directed Electronics) actuators and had pretty good success. Same company as Viper, Python, Clifford, etc...

They are time consuming to install correctly, but should work great when complete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts