JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What better to do on Easter than fab up some skids for your front control arms.

I used some scrap 3/16" metal and went to work on them today. I'd rather have used the some 3x1 rectangular tubing to avoid all the cutting for the angular pieces. But I hadn't planned in advance for this one.

I welded everything together and then smoothed off the outside. Then I attached to the JK and...........I'm ready for Moab next week. :D

A

·
0 Posts
They look great! I can’t see the set you made for me, must be out of the frame ;):bawling::thefinger::smokin:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW What are using to bend that 3/16" with?
I don't have any equipment that will bend stock 3/16" that tight. So, I used a trick from my buddy who does this stuff for a living.

You score the metal on one side in a straight line with a cut off disc, about half way thu thickness of the metal. Then, when you put the metal in any vise and bend it towards the scored side it gives you nice tight bend. If you want to reinforce the metal, you can run a bead on the scored side after it's bent. Pretty simple, but it works like a champ. He told me that trick a long time ago and this was the first time I've used it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts