JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Rk front lower control arms, 3.5 springs and Rk adjustable track bar and Extended swaybar links.
I gots serious death wobble.
I realize my lower and upper trackbar holes are a little sloppy, So last night i ordered the poly upper and lower bracket and a new steering stabilizer.And i have been driving slow to not have more issues of wobble.

The question i got, is now that i have driven to work a few day's. Should i be able to unbolt my front lowers at the axle end and adjust it and just swing it back up in and have it line up? What i mean is it was kind of a pain in the ass to get them in on Sunday as far as lining up at the axle bolt. SO i am wondering if maybe they were set to long/short ????

I went by the measurement on the Rk instructions but honestly i am not sure what i should be looking for as far as adjusting them??

Would take any pointers or advice .

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
You should be able to add a turn out on the lower Krawler joints and gain a little bit of caster. You can adjust one arm at a time and use a bottle jack under the knuckle to torque the axle to get the arm back in place :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The eye to eye measurement is that from inside edge to inside edge or center to center? I did mine from inside to inside...:shaking:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is center to center!

RK
That would explain why it was a pain in the ass to get them lined up when i installed them...:bawling:

And now that i look, I can see the bad angle on my drive shaft. :shaking:

Thanks to all for their help.:beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts