JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
do you have to use the knockout tool to remove them????

thanks,

Mat

not using cam bolts before the flaming starts..:thefinger:
The stock arms you are referring to? they will fall out once you remove the bolts. NO need to knock em out

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
The stock arms you are referring to? they will fall out once you remove the bolts. NO need to knock em out
He is not trying to remove the control arms, he is trying to remove the square "knock-outs" which are usually used for cam-bolts. As he mentioned.

..but I haven't dealt with that, nor can I think of why you would want to knock them out and not use cam bolts?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drink much? :gluging:

you obviously have no idea what i'm talking about.
they are stamped in the control arm bracket on the frame side and are designed to be removed for using cam bolts or "other" means of caster correction.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
you obviously have no idea what i'm talking about.
they are stamped in the control arm bracket on the frame side and are designed to be removed for using cam bolts or "other" means of caster correction.
Am I the one with no idea?

I do have an idea regarding the knockouts are on the axle side and not the frame side. :gluging:

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
not you goody!lmao!:koolaid:
:beer:

So I assume the cam locks are just an offset hole that locks within where the normal cam bolt eccentric washer would go? It just give a "preset" amount of adjustment?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
He is not trying to remove the control arms, he is trying to remove the square "knock-outs" which are usually used for cam-bolts. As he mentioned.

..but I haven't dealt with that, nor can I think of why you would want to knock them out and not use cam bolts?
He said, "not using cam bolts"

I assumed he meant, "not using cam bolts"

·
Registered
490 Posts
when I did mine I used a small pneumatic saw to cut them out, If I were to do it all over agian I would NOT cut them out.:suicide::vader1::shocked::explode:

·
Registered
90 Posts
when I did mine I used a small pneumatic saw to cut them out, If I were to do it all over agian I would NOT cut them out.:suicide::vader1::shocked::explode:
Yeah I agree you'll probably grow to regret it.

Save yourself some headaches and get some adjustable arms. I understand wanting to save some money but this will likely cost you more in the long run

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.