JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What’s up guys, just had my alignment done today after putting on my Metalcloak 4.5 Gamechanger, everything with the numbers looks good, however my front driver side spring is bowed and the sway link is pretty angled. That side of the axle is a half inch further out towards the front of the vehicle than the passenger side which is perfectly straight both the coil and the link. I’M NOT TALKING ABOUT SIDE TO SIDE USING THE TRACK BAR, I’M TALKING ABOUT THE WHEELBASE LENGTH. I’m wondering if I should bring the lower and upper both in a half inch on that side. The guy who did the alignment said not to mess with it but there’s no way I’m leaving it like that because it’s clearly not right even though he got the numbers he wanted on the machine. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Further forward or sideways? Forward then yes adjust your control arms and ask for your alignment money back. You should have gotten a alignment printout with you front angles and a additional one with your wheelbase and track numbers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Further forward or sideways? Forward then yes adjust your control arms and ask for your alignment money back. You should have gotten a alignment printout with you front angles and a additional one with your wheelbase and track numbers.
I’m talking front to back. Everything is good with it being centered side to side with the track bar. This is my alignment sheet, and according to the tech the reason the driver side is a half inch further towards the front of the vehicle is because that’s how he had to do it to get the 5 degrees of caster I wanted. Here’s the printout, they definitely didn’t mess with the wheelbase.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts