JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like to mount my CB under the Buttons in the piece of plastic in front of the Shifter. Does this rectangular piece just pop out..& is there room behind there?? don't wanna dick it up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes it just pulls out. Grab a bottom corner and just pull straight back. Unfortunately there is no room behind there to add a CB. You could do what I did and mount it under the driver seat with the knobs reachable from the drivers position. Just add a piece of aluminum C channel across between the seat rails and install the CB to the aluminum. When you are off road you just preset the channel and I can adjust the squelch and the volume from my seat. You should add an external speaker to help with the volume. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it just pulls out. Grab a bottom corner and just pull straight back. Unfortunately there is no room behind there to add a CB. You could do what I did and mount it under the driver seat with the knobs reachable from the drivers position. Just add a piece of aluminum C channel across between the seat rails and install the CB to the aluminum. When you are off road you just preset the channel and I can adjust the squelch and the volume from my seat. You should add an external speaker to help with the volume. Hope this helps.

Thx Gear,..I'll take a hard look at the under the seat install, definitely out of the way. Nice clean job you did.:beer:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I mounted mine under the seat as well. I didn't add a new bracket. I just drilled two holes in the round tube and used self-tapping screws.

Works great! Out of the way but still easy to reach down and adjust the volume and squelch. I do have an external speaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts