JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a new lift on my Jeep (long arm). Can anyone recommend a shop that could install it? One that is in the bay area. I know we have the shop list but I want to know who everyone has gone to for theirs.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I kinda expected this would be the answer from most people :laughing:
Yep....you can pay him in Redbulls, maybe try to get a small discount on the parts he'll be getting from PSC! Can't beat that...plus you can watch and maybe learn a few little things.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Not that long ago, I talked to Mike and he said he has more work than he has time for.
Yeah, he is pretty swamped unfortunately and with only a couple guys helping him. HE has also been doing all the races lately. The new year should slow down a little. Depending on lift and how many hours needed and how much work, that can add up quick to have it installed. You have friends with knowledge, I would hire locally in the crew. :)

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Lift Install Recommendations

I like the idea of another lift on your rig! FWIW, I think many would agree that Rock Krawler & Poly are the way to go. In either event, here are my recommendations for your lift install:
  1. Jim & I (or a variation of the group of us) - Then 4WP for an alignment
  2. Jason - Then 4WP for an alignment
  3. Jim, Jason, & I, and James to hold a wrench and bitch - Then 4WP for an alignment
  4. Extreme Motorsports (Gary, owner is a friend of mine)
  5. Shaffer's (Pending work schedule, which is usually full)
  6. 4WP for the whole thing (Gulp)
RC

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Rick, I've seen the damage you caused your Jeep after installing an sPod. I don't want to see what would happen after installing a lift :laughing: :hide:
You'd get a 3" lowering kit, 26" rims(Chrome ofcourse) and some fuzzy dice! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I like the idea of another lift on your rig! FWIW, I think many would agree that Rock Krawler & Poly are the way to go. In either event, here are my recommendations for your lift install:
[/LIST]RC
I would never let 4WP touch my vehicle. And for alignment, go to Firestone $175 for lifetime of vehicle,and be done with it. ( or learn to do a basic alignment :p)

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Rick, I've seen the damage you caused your Jeep after installing an sPod. I don't want to see what would happen after installing a lift :laughing: :hide:
WOW! Did that just happen??? :shaking:

I thought there was a stamped inner liner under the hood and wanted to notch it! Arrrrgggggghhhhh!!! :pissed:

Okay. Okay. I've got you... I'll remember this.

RC

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I would never let 4WP touch my vehicle. And for alignment, go to Firestone $175 for lifetime of vehicle,and be done with it. ( or learn to do a basic alignment :p)
Sure can do a basic alignment, no problem. But trying to measure caster precisely without an alignment machine, is a taller order...

4WP in Salida is okay, especially when you tell them how to do it. :D

RC

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My house is always available for a good install. Les Schwab in Manteca has done a great job for me on alignment although I told them to give me 1/8 toe out. In regards to which lift, you could fill up 20 pages on peeps giving recommendations. My lift has worked out good, but If I did it again I would go with a Rock Krawler Triple Threat Long arm Kit. Just my $.02 cents.

You need new ball joints as well Marcy. Just seemed like to much play on the uppers. Especially the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I'm always available and so is my place...not sure if there would be welding required, but I have that shit to.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.