JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I am so confused what is going on over there at the JK-Forum.. I keep noticing more and more users that are being banned... For example I noticed that Caboose was banned tonight.. What did he do? I have never seen a question he posted that didn't seem out of line.. Oh wait, it was deleted.. Any question about anything that doesn't meet Eddie's standards gets deleted.. What is going on over there? Why have so many great users been banned? Because you are human and don't bow down to Eddie's laws..

Sorry for posting under a different name, but they are monitoring any user that visits this site.. It seems to me that if you post over here, you are automatically monitored over there.. And monitoring Private messages means that they aren't private then.. I can't believe they did that, but they do monitor it.. I wonder if all the moderators sit around and just read everyone's private messages to see what is going on.. Damn!! I feel violated for some reason.. I never knew it was so confining and restrictive over there... I have been a member of a few Jeep boards and the JK-Forum has been the only one that doesn't allow links or posts about other Jeep products not sponsored on the board.. Hell, even on Quadratec's own forum you can talk about products that they don't sell..

The one thing I have also noticed is Eddie's love of FT products.. Someone on here made mention that Eddie is full of FT products.. Well, I will tell you this.. Eddie is so full of FT products that he could poop a rear track bar.. LOL.. ROFL.. He now posted about the new 6in FT lift kit.. Funny thing is the pic looks like it was taken in his garage.. How much do you want to bet he will have it installed and will be running 37in tires in about a month.. There for awhile he was changing front bumpers like people changes underwear..

I am sorry for the anonymity.. But I do like the info over there, even though you have to filter out the bs... If the users over there knew that their PM's were being read, I wonder how many would leave that board.. I will be posting under this name over here.. Besides, I like the new name.. ConfusedJK.. :D Because I own a JK and I am in a constant state of confusion..

Oh.. And for any Moderators from that other board is reading this.. Give up on trying to get my IP address.. It isn’t mine.. :D

I am so glad I didn't buy those stupid stickers, t-shirts, etc... :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Don't worry, that BS will not happen here. I would NEVER moderate a PM and I don't ban just because I "feel like it". That's a quick way to lose a lot of members. You guys are what make a forum..well a forum :laughing:

Its just like sales: a happy customer will tell a few friends, a pissed one will tell EVERYONE. More members = more traffic = more you can charge for ads = growth.
Ya, you can't make "everyone happy" but you avoid playing games as well.

I seriously never understood the "delete links to everything" policy they have. But hey its there forum, they can run it how they wish, even if its into the ground.

Welcome to JKowners, where your confusion is welcome :grinpimp:

And buy a t-shirt and bumper sticker when they are available :thefinger:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't worry, that BS will not happen here. I would NEVER moderate a PM and I don't ban just because I "feel like it". That's a quick way to lose a lot of members. You guys are what make a forum..well a forum :laughing:
I was just thinking the same thing. Eddie wouldn't have his little forum without the members. It would just be a sad pathetic heap of crap....oh wait, even with the members, it already is!!!! HA HA HA HA HA:thefinger::lol:
How silly of me.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I have been on this board practically since inception. I have been a moderator on this board for just about as long. Its funny to me when people ask if this board is moderated. But now it's more like a badge of honor.

I have deleted posts and threads. After the OP deleted them or to help clear up the forum listings from duplicates. I have edited peoples posts. To help them with formating and such but only after they accept my offer for help. I have moved threads. To put them under a heading that is more appropriate. I don't edit PM's.

I will make sure that everyone has the ability to say what they want and express their opinion without concerns for banning, public humiliations and group "cronies" circle jerks. I will do whatever I can to promote this board and its use by anyone that is a JK enthusiast. If you have any questions about this feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

Things have recently changed and Pirate4x4 has taken us under their wings, however it has been demonstrated that this will not become a Pirate4x4-like atmosphere with flaming and other adolescent activities. This is going to be huge for our community. We are going to welcome everyone, from the soccer mom to the hardcore frame-up rebuilder. And everyone will be respected for what they have and what they bring to the table. We will build up our resources to be second to none with everyone's input and help. It will be our board because you and I will make it ours.

Everyone will have a voice. No one will be shun. It really doesn't matter what is happening in someone else's tree house, you just need to know you have an option and a choice.

Welcome to the Free World!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have edited peoples posts. To help them with formating and such but only after they accept my offer for help.

Hey Mod,,...ya "beware" of Michael, he Edited my Pic's bye taking the ugly "IMG" tags off then he had the nerve and actually told me what he did & also why, then I PM'ed him to ask how do I stop getting the "IMG" tag & he also had the nerve to tell me how,...and it worked>>,just a guy that can't be trusted.:bounce::D:beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts