JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there will be someone negative about Consumer Reports. But they appear to have done a great job compiling problems about the Jeep over the years. See below.

And 2020 was the ONLY year that had a fairly good rating for Consumer Satisfaction. But pricing is still a bit high. Should I just extend my search away from 2020 alone...to 2018 and 2019 as well?? Just concerned about the reliability aspect.
Font Number Parallel Magenta Rectangle

·
Registered
26 Posts
You’re going to want to go register over at a JL Wrangler forum, this forum is for JK’s. I didn’t even realize you were talking about JL’s and just assumed you had mistyped the year or something in your other thread.

1/5? Man those must be broken down all over the highway. That’s crazy.

Look, from someone who dwells way too much on stuff, honestly I think you’re dwelling to much on the “reliability” part. It’s a car, stuffs gonna break eventually. The 3.6L engine has a pretty good track record and you won’t be a guinea pig by owning one. You could get totally screwed buying any used car, even if it’s the most reliable car ever made, you might get burned.

But this is one of the JK forum. 2007-2018 JK wranglers. Youre Questions will be better directed to a JL wrangler person.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You’re going to want to go register over at a JL Wrangler forum, this forum is for JK’s. I didn’t even realize you were talking about JL’s and just assumed you had mistyped the year or something in your other thread.

1/5? Man those must be broken down all over the highway. That’s crazy.

Look, from someone who dwells way too much on stuff, honestly I think you’re dwelling to much on the “reliability” part. It’s a car, stuffs gonna break eventually. The 3.6L engine has a pretty good track record and you won’t be a guinea pig by owning one. You could get totally screwed buying any used car, even if it’s the most reliable car ever made, you might get burned.

But this is one of the JK forum. 2007-2018 JK wranglers. Youre Questions will be better directed to a JL wrangler person.
I looked for it last week and couldn't find it. Will look again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I looked for it last week and couldn't find it. Will look again.
There are quite a few of them. Best of luck.

Wranglers are not known for breaking down.

Go test drive both, see which you like more, and get the one you like. Any used vehicle, or new, could have problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol.

OP this is like your 3rd or 4th thread on the same subject. Ain't no shame in keeping it to a single thread. Just sayin.
And it's no shame when I change subjects, thus a different thread. And I found the correct forum to be on now, which I didn't find before. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Jeep JK is the most reliable vehicle ever.
You can rely on leaks, a new TIPM, broken tail lights, bent c's, and 100% you can rely on having the most fun of your life.
This forum has every modicum of info you'll ever need, just make sure you pick up a box of purple wire nuts for your new lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts