JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008, JKU, 4dr, Rubicon with a Fabtech, 5” Crawler System w/Dirt Logic Shocks
, 37X12.5x17 on OMF Scalloped beadlocks on American Eagle 17x8.5 wheels. My JK was equipped w/ a “remote start” feature and “tire pressure sensors”. I was unable to use the stock tire pressure valves from my stock wheels on the new wheels. I now get a “tire pressure” warning light, “check engine” warning light and a “gascap” warning light. I had the dealer re-flash the computer, which didn’t help. The dealer is telling me it’s due to the lift & tire mods. These issues are also disabling the “remote start” feature. Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the tire pressure sensors(TPS) in the computer?

I purchased a Hypertech Max Power programer (hoping that would help) and installed it to re-calibrate the speedo/tire size. This cured all the warning lights and the remote start issue for a day. Now the check engine light re-appeared. I have a feeling, if I can’t cure the “tire pressure”(TPS) issue, I will keep getting the check engine light. Which in turn will cause the other issues.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
355 Posts
The TPS will not trigger your check engine light. I have not had mine in since day one. Unfortunatly there is no way to turn them off either, just a little light that is on all the time.

G

·
I got an engine light a few times because one of the hoses on the EVAP was loose. When I took it to the dealer they wouldn’t touch it because I’d moved the EVAP but the light went out once I tightened the clamp.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I get a new dealer if he's tellin you this crap.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Gas Cap Light will cause your check engine to turn on, after retightening clamps. Erase DTC's the codes w/your Hypertech. I still disconnected the neg battery cable to ensure resetting the computer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.