JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a DIY writeup with pics on how to gut the entire interior of a 4 door? Going to Line-X everything so I'll need to remove all the carpets, seats and maybe dash. Figure it can't be that hard but I'd rather have some pointers rather than trial and error.

I've been looking through the DIY boards but can't seem to find a specific writeup for this. Maybe on one of the other JK forums?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Does anyone have a DIY writeup with pics on how to gut the entire interior of a 4 door? Going to Line-X everything so I'll need to remove all the carpets, seats and maybe dash. Figure it can't be that hard but I'd rather have some pointers rather than trial and error.

I've been looking through the DIY boards but can't seem to find a specific writeup for this. Maybe on one of the other JK forums?

Thanks in advance.
I might be able to give you a few pointers tomorrow;)

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I might be able to give you a few pointers tomorrow;)
Haven't had mine quite THAT far but I've had the seats and console out, most of the carpet out and the roll bar padding off doing various projects.
Everything is pretty self explanatory.
Only real PITA is the console.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Haven't had mine quite THAT far but I've had the seats and console out, most of the carpet out and the roll bar padding off doing various projects.
Everything is pretty self explanatory.
Only real PITA is the console.
the 4x4 shifter was a PITA for me...

·
Registered
420 Posts
the 4x4 shifter was a PITA for me...
Me too - the correct way to do it is to pull straight up, but it's on there good. I recommend using gloves - I went at it a while with bare hands and couldn't get a good enough grip.

You shouldn't need to pull the dash to do the line-x - they can get the spray up pretty far underneath the dash without pulling it. You do need to pull the console, however, in order to get the one piece wiring harness out.

I think the disconnect the battery advice is correct. I have the factory service manual and there are specific instructions for disconnecting the airbag sensors under the passenger seat - I think the first step was disconnecting the battery and waiting a few minutes before touching anything. Be careful when you have the passenger seat out, apparently the sensors are easily damaged.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used a 1/2 in.open end wrench under the knob and tapped it with a hammer and it popped right off.I didnt have any issues with my air bag sensors.The warning light came on when the seat was unplugged and went off after they were plugged back in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts