JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can someone point me in the right direction on removing the dash? I have the passenger side loose and have taken the same bolts out on the driver side and cannot figure out what is holding it in. Cannot find anything online. I want it completely removed so I can cut the firewall eventually for engine placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you can install a 6bt in a jeep, you can figure out removing the dash. It's pretty easy.

Start with the piece under the steering wheel, then the left dash, then the center dash, then the right side, etc.

wait, is that picture yours? Looks like you are most of the way there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can install a 6bt in a jeep, you can figure out removing the dash. It's pretty easy.

Start with the piece under the steering wheel, then the left dash, then the center dash, then the right side, etc.

wait, is that picture yours? Looks like you are most of the way there.

Yes the picture is mine. I have all the plastic and stuff off. Steering column. Airbag, Etc. I want all that is left to come out in one piece

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Hey can someone point me in the right direction on removing the dash? I have the passenger side loose and have taken the same bolts out on the driver side and cannot figure out what is holding it in. Cannot find anything online. I want it completely removed so I can cut the firewall eventually for engine placement.
When you get it all out, could you do a little write up on where all the bolts are? I may be digging that deep myself to run my cage through the firewall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Once you get them all out, it's no big deal. It's just a little awkward to pull out, having a nimble buddy would help a lot. It's really not hard, just time consuming.
I am in the reassembly phase of a Motech ls swap. I pulled the dash to change out the heater core. In the end, I could have had it out and back in in a few hours knowing what I know now.

Let us know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Once you get them all out, it's no big deal. It's just a little awkward to pull out, having a nimble buddy would help a lot. It's really not hard, just time consuming.

I am in the reassembly phase of a Motech ls swap. I pulled the dash to change out the heater core. In the end, I could have had it out and back in in a few hours knowing what I know now.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks! Will update tonight when I get a little time to mess with it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rubikean was right about the brake booster bolts, it came right out after that. Progress is slow but steady. Got dash removed and the tub vacuumed out since it was covered in glass. Next I'll remove the body from the frame

1 - 20 of 26 Posts